BSL: New Financial Policy - All Owners Read and Check in please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I need everyone to read this and let me know.

This is our new OFFICIAL policy on Teams who run out of Money.

This system starts in 2008 and is a clean slate, 2007 was our first year in a new software and with a few new owners, so starting 1/1/2008 (In game Date) this is our policy for Teams who Run Negative Balance at the end of the season.

I reserve the right to tweak this system, hopefully we wont have to, but again, as this is still a learning process we may have to make some minor changes here in the future.

The Penalties are stiff, SO MAKE SURE TO KEEP A HANDLE ON YOUR FINANCES

1). A team that runs a negative balance starting in the 2008 season will be penalized their 1st Round Draft Pick in the subsequent draft

2.) A team that runs a negative balance in 2 Consecutive seasons, will be penalized 1st and 2nd round Draft Picks in the subsequent draft to the extent of their financial problem. In compensation for the loss of draft picks, to try and right this ship, that team will receive money infussion based on their Power rankings at the end of the World Series sim. 1st and 2nd round (rookie draft) draft picks will be lost. A team will fall into 1 of three Power Rank categories here, 1-10, 11-21, or 22-32. The team will receive the following compensation for the loss of draft picks, 1-10 -$5 Million 1st Round/$2 Million 2nd round, 11-21 - $8 Million 1st Round/$3 Million 2nd Round, 22-30- $12 Million 1st Round/$4 Million 2nd Round.

3). Running a 3rd Consecutive year with a Cash negative balance will result in a Vote By the Commish and 2 league presidents as to whether the owner made enough effort to try and dig themselves out and result in either keeping on "Financial Probation" or possibly removal from the league, but the long term impact to minor league talent should present enough of an incentive for many to get a handle quicker on their financials.

Loss of Draft Picks is Harsh punishment, but we need to keep teams financially solvent.

Hopefully this doesnt come into play. AS of right now, The league as a whole is looking pretty good going into 2008. Teams such as myself that ended 07 in the red, have all made moves to better their situations and look to make some positive cash this year.

Again, I reserve the right to tweak this system. Everything we are putting in place as written above is new, so if something comes up that we don't forsee now, we may need to make a change.

Check ins-
Houston
Boston
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Oakland
Tampa
Miami
Kansas City
Toronto
Atlanta
Baltimore
Chicago -N
Cincinatti
New York - N
San Diego
LA A
Philadelphia
New York - A
Chicago - A
Texas
Colorado
San Fran
Arizona
Minnesota
LA- N
St Louis

Last edited:
Angels read and understood

Just a quick question..just like in real baseball players are often traded for cash so why can't it happen here or does the system simply not allow it?

Just a quick question..just like in real baseball players are often traded for cash so why can't it happen here or does the system simply not allow it?

I fully believe this is possible, and the system is set up for it, I will expand on this when I gethome, I am short on time right now

Checking in.

There are a couple of reasons why we haven't gone with cash as tradable, one is some teams might strip others of resources for a cash infusion with the latter team using that money to further it's free-spending ways, the other is that some teams would use that to circumvent the money smoothing system that is soft cap penalties and excess cash revenue sharing. Money decisions are a big component of competitiveness, not all teams have the same advantage of markets and revenues, but the current system will reward teams that MANAGE the cash available to them and this new notice of accountability will show that there will be a team specific consequence to not taking the time to know your team's limitations.
It is okay and even suggested that if you don't have the handle of the system to ASK someone who you think can objectively guide you.

I am 100% against including cash in trades, for many, many reasons...some of which James outlined above, others that I don't feel like getting into.

If all the teams in the league ran in the green 2 to 3 seasons without any issues, I would consider favoring it.

I am 100% against including cash in trades, for many, many reasons...some of which James outlined above, others that I don't feel like getting into.

If all the teams in the league ran in the green 2 to 3 seasons without any issues, I would consider favoring it.

And this is why Cory and JAmes are a huge help to me, I only had seen that cash was an option within the software, I could not remember for the life of me the reasoning behind us not using it.

Thanks you both

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.