BSL Roster Sim #2 2/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I played around with the online settings to attempt to fix the previous errors we were having, so if you are unable to download the new league file after a few attempts please let me know as soon as possible so I can patch it like the last go 'round.

LEAGUE FILE IS UPLOADING NOW. SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD by 230 pm cst. Webpage will be updated throughout the evening, but everyone can access ALL the league info in the league file they download.

THE NEXT TEAM EXPORT DEADLINE IS Thursday at 1pm cst. We will be doing another 'roster sim' as we have a lot of team roster issues that still need fixed (and an owner missing in action).

I advanced the sim one day. Minnesota, you will need to upload the new league file to your game before you make any changes and export, otherwise any changes exported from a 'game date' before 1/6/07 will not go through!

Errors I found that need to be fixed:

BAL: Parrish and Ray on DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released..

DET: 7 players on DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released...Davidson is on DFA but is on waivers so he is okay.

HOU: Treanor DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released. You also have 31/25 spots on AAA roster, the players on waivers need to go to DFA as well, and the remaining players over 25 will need released.

MIN: Need to do everything as per above.

OAK: Tony Clark DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

PHI: 4 players DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released (Shawn Green is okay as he is on waivers)

PIT: 8 players DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

TEX: You have over 15 players on DFA that need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released. Keep your MLB/AAA/AA at 25/25/35 players respectively, release the rest.

Obviously, plenty of roster issues need addressed still. THESE NEED TO GET DONE!

Keep in mind once you are at 25/25/35 MLB/AAA/AA any excess will need to be released.

ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE LIVE AND CAN BE DONE AT ANY TIME IN-GAME BEFORE EXPORTING!

1. Waiver Claims may be made (right click player on waiver wire, click claim player) Keep in mind if you claim a player and are awarded that player, you will have to make room on your roster by releasing another player!

2. Free Agent offers may be made (right click player on free agent pool, offer contract). Keep in mind if a player is signed, you will have to make room on your roster. If you sign them to a major league deal, they will have to be placed on your 40-man roster as well. If you offer a player a Major league contract, players with options, etc can go to minors, but you are still paying them major league money! The players will sometimes sign right away...other times it may be a few days to a week before you hear anything.

3. Contract extensions. On your team's roster, right click and offer extension. PLAY IT SAFE AND BE CAREFUL. Don't overextend. A LOT of teams don't have a good sense of the finances at this point, so I would 100% recommend waiting a few months into the season to start offering extensions. The players will send you in-game messages when they are wanting to negotiate an extension 9 times out of 10!

4. Trading. Trading is now open, all trades must be posted in the appropriate Bench forum and agreed to by both parties. Keep in mind after they are processed, it is YOUR responsibilty to handle the roster assignments from DFA. Minor league players that do not have major league contracts are USUALLY auto-assigned to the minors by the game. Keep an eye on it, they are often thrown in AA when they should be in AAA, which has to be done manually.

Keep in mind that any player on DFA that expires (time runs out) it will stop the entire league/sim until that player is handled. As such, the first time around we will try to cut some slack, after that, we will just cut the players. Keep tabs on your roster! This is the reason why the above roster errors need to be fixed before their DFA time runs out!

Cory

I am aware of the download issues and ask that everyone hold off on the download until I let you know it's ready.

Please Stop Trying until directed to do so.

Nothing will work until the fix is in place so there is no need to make any more attempts until the thread is updated by either Cory or Myself.

Please Stop Trying until directed to do so.

Nothing will work until the fix is in place so there is no need to make any more attempts until the thread is updated by either Cory or Myself.

Can you change the first thread to direct people not to download because he tells us to download and it might cause some confusion. Thanks!

The league file should download now. I included a fix, so after this time, it should download appropriately from the start.

Please inform me via PM immediately if the file does not download.

IF you have downloaded already TODAY, please re-download!

Cory

It's not a big deal, but I was wondering on why my guy Jose Fierro who I just traded for from the Phillies, was put on my AA roster? Why wasn't he assigned to the DFA?

It's not a big deal, but I was wondering on why my guy Jose Fierro who I just traded for from the Phillies, was put on my AA roster? Why wasn't he assigned to the DFA?

Under section 4 on my initial post:

"Minor league players that do not have major league contracts are USUALLY auto-assigned to the minors by the game."

If he had a Major league contract, he would have went to DFA for you to assign.

minor league players you trade for are automatically placed in AA you can choose were to place them from there

I traded for Aaron Boone and he wasn't in AA or DFA so i did a player search only option was to send him to active roster or AA i sent him to AA and from there sent him to AAA

Yeah, it never hurts to export...it shows up on my side so I can keep track of who is downloading it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.