BSL Roster Sim 2/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
LEAGUE FILE IS UPLOADING NOW. SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD by 245cst. Webpage will be updated throughout the evening, but everyone can access the info in the league file (they should decrease in size as we move along).

THE NEXT TEAM EXPORT DEADLINE IS 1pm cst on Tuesday.

I advanced the sim one day. Minnesota, you will need to upload the league file before you make any changes and export.

Errors I found that need to be fixed:

COL: Hessman DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released..

DET: Roster moves need completed...DFA, etc.

HOU: Treanor DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

OAK: Tony Clark DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

PHI: 4 players DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

PIT: 8 players DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

SD: 4 players DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

SF: 7 players DFA but not on waivers, need to be assigned to roster, waived, or released.

TEX Roster moves need completed...DFA, etc.

WHERE WE GO FROM HERE:

Obviously, plenty of roster issues need addressed. The FIRST THING ALL OWNERS WILL WANT TO DO IS IMPORT THE NEW LEAGUE FILE. You go into the game itself, load the league, hit your manager homepage and the red import league file button. This will have all of the changes that I have made. If you don't import, any changes you submit will be ignored by the system OR royally mess up everyone's changes.

From there, people need to fix the rosters above. Keep in mind once you are at 25/25/35 MLB/AAA/AA any excess will need to be released.

ALL OF THESE OPTIONS CAN NOW BE COMPLETED:

1. Waiver Claims may be made (right click player on waiver wire, click claim player) Keep in mind if you claim a player and are awarded that player, you will have to make room on your roster by releasing another player!

2. Free Agent offers may be made (right click player on free agent pool, offer contract). Keep in mind if a player is signed, you will have to make room on your roster. If you sign them to a major league deal, they will have to be placed on your 40-man roster as well. If you offer a player a Major league contract, players with options, etc can go to minors, but you are still paying them major league money!

3. Contract extensions. On your team's roster, right click and offer extension. PLAY IT SAFE AND BE CAREFUL. Don't overextend. A LOT of teams don't have a good sense of the finances at this point, so I would 100% recommend waiting a few months into the season to start offering extensions. The players will send you in-game messages when they are wanting to negotiate an extension 9 times out of 10!

4. Trading. Trading is now open, all trades must be posted in the appropriate Bench forum and agreed to by both parties. Keep in mind after they are processed, it is YOUR responsibilty to handle the roster assignments from DFA.

The NUMBER ONE THING I want all owners to know right now is that any player on DFA that expires (time runs out) it will stop the entire league/sim until that player is handled. As such, the first time around we will try to cut some slack, after that, we will just cut the players. Keep tabs on your roster!

Cory

Last edited:
I hit the check for updated league files button and it said there are no league files to be updated.

Read the post above and you will find the answer to this. You posted/checked at 220pm. The league file was not ready and up until 245. It should work now.

Only player on DFA showing on my page is Shawn Green and he is also on waive list. Am I looking in wrong place?

I am uploading reports and cannot see anything for a few hours.

If you download the new league file, and your team only shows green on waivers/dfa, you are good.

I clicked on the check for updated league files and it says there is no updated league files on the server

Are you loaded into the BSL league in OOTP12, then hit the red button under manager home?

Has anyone been able to get the new league file yet? It is in the right directory, I see it here.

Cory

Ugh, more junk to work out...I thought I had this handled in testing.

However, I am off to a Superbowl gathering, so it probably won't be until tomorrow or late tonight.

Cory

Are you loaded into the BSL league in OOTP12, then hit the red button under manager home?

Has anyone been able to get the new league file yet? It is in the right directory, I see it here.

Cory

I just tried it and got the same message saying there is no updated league file available on the server. I'll try back in an hour or so - maybe just a delay in it becoming available to us? Not sure...

Eric

Cory

I signed out re-signed in and hit the check for updated league files and still get the same message.

Do you think we need to re-send the FTP file again ?

I'm re-uploading it...try again an hour from now.

If it doesn't work, I will have to adjust settings.

Do we upload the new file and then make the changes that are needed to be fixed? Sorry about my 8, I was under the assumption of DFA would lead to waivers, so I let them rot there.

Crap. Now clock watching. Got excited with the first post. Guess I'm glad I restrained myself and read the whole thread.

Tick-tock. It's a slow clock.

---Frank

Ugh, more junk to work out...I thought I had this handled in testing.

However, I am off to a Superbowl gathering, so it probably won't be until tomorrow or late tonight.

Cory

For all those still posting and waiting, please refer to the comment above and resumes you lives as you normally would for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.