BSL Update:2007 #14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League File is ready!

Game date is 9/15/07 (i Stopped here instead of 9/16 because of a number of DFA issues and the regular season ends on 9/30 anyways so this will work out fine)

One more sim and we will be in the playoffs!

Deadline for exports will be Thursday 3/22/12 at 2:pM central time.

Cubbies still 2 1/2 games out in the NL central gonna be a crazy race for the last 2 weeks of the season!

Wow...the rain pours in KC.

Joba out for 4 months (luckily, out of contention and he'll be back before the season)

Bill Bray suspended FOURTEEN games for a fight (he had better have pulled a knife for 14 games!)

Yankees 1 game out of the AL Wild Card race with 6 games against Baltimore and 3 against Toronto remaining. Going to be a fun last sim!

Steph

Team Financial Ratings based on cash-on-hand and income/expenses at the current date.

NUMBER AFTER IS LEAGUE RANKING IN PAYROLL...teams with higher payrolls SHOULD have less issues managing money than the lower finance teams!

Teams that are essentially bankrupt and operating in the red (WORST)
(these teams will be going into next season starting out in the hole...luckily, some of them will receive--or at least not have to pay--revenue sharing, and the media money will put everyone in the green....some will still have to make MAJOR payroll cuts to balance out next season!!)

CHN 3
DET 4
MIN 1
NYM 7
PIT 5

Teams that are right on the edge of fiscal balance (OKAY)
BOS 14
LAD 13
PHI 6
SEA 2

Teams in good shape (BETTER)
CHW 12
CLE 19
COL 10
LAA 16
STL 24
TB 15

Teams in excellent shape (BEST)
ARZ 9
ATL 17
BAL 11
CIN 18
HOU 20
KC 22
MIA 27
MIL 23
NYA 25
OAK 29
SD 21
SF 28
TEX 26
TOR 8
WSH 30

YEah, I have a positive projected balance, but will end the year very much in the red. I don't get it.

Luckily My payroll for 08 will actually be closer to 70 Million as opposed to the 95.5 Million it says on my Player salary page as Clemens will be gone so that will save me 20.2 Million and I have some non tender plans in the works already. Not much else I can do.

I thought when I traded Shields away it would put me okay for 07, but I am still losing close to 1.5 Million per sim, My Attendance is down less than 1/2 a percent from last year, and I raised my ticket prices twice thru the season.

Cory since I am one of the lowest budget teams in the league I should be receiving some revenue sharing monies, correct?

Steph

Cory since I am one of the lowest budget teams in the league I should be receiving some revenue sharing monies, correct?

Steph

Yes, and I had increased Max cash to 40 Million per team when I did the 10 Million dollar per team adjustment

YEah, I have a positive projected balance, but will end the year very much in the red. I don't get it.

Luckily My payroll for 08 will actually be closer to 70 Million as opposed to the 95.5 Million it says on my Player salary page as Clemens will be gone so that will save me 20.2 Million and I have some non tender plans in the works already. Not much else I can do.

I thought when I traded Shields away it would put me okay for 07, but I am still losing close to 1.5 Million per sim, My Attendance is down less than 1/2 a percent from last year, and I raised my ticket prices twice thru the season.

Keep in mind a few other things come into play.

1. The owner can raise or lower your budget on his own whim. Some people will stink it up and get a raise in budget, others will have a drastic drop...especially high salary teams that perform really bad. Your owner is an 'economizer' so it will be interesting to see what he does with the budget.

2. You won't have to pay much in luxury tax, but some teams are not so lucky.

3. You're 10th in total attendance, and nearly selling out every game. Not a lot you can do about those numbers.

I think the real kicker to your cash this season was a bit too large of payroll early on. Keep in mind the game pays the players each sim day, so a 100 million dollar payroll over roughly 6 months (180 days or so) would mean you'd have 555,555 dollars a day (8.3 million a sim) going to player payroll. Cutting it to 90 million saved you 55,555 dollars a day (just under 800k a sim in savings).

Given your total projected balance is a -10.1 million, having dropped your payroll 10 million at the beginning of the year was your break-even....so at midpoint, you would have had to cut 15+ million, etc.

Cory

Welp, the month of September has proved to be a downward slope for the Marlins... a few key folks on the DL, but will be back next season. We have our eyes set on one major FA that should bolster the lineup a bit and we locked up a few arb folks to cost controlled contracts for the next few seasons. We have almost doubled attendance from last season, but we will have to win next season to keep that level up. Brought up #1 pick in September and he continues on his tear! Good luck to those teams in the mix and bring on the off season!! :)

The Angels downloaded

Angels have surrendered 1st place and are 1 game back in AL West but are still very much into it and have brought out the whip for the stretch run

The Angels have remaining games with...

CHW,TB,SEA,TEX,OAK and have a 35-25 record against those teams

The Rangers have remaining games with...

OAK,MINN,BAL,LAA,SEA and have a 29-33 record against those teams

The Angels are 11-5 against the Rangers H2H this season

Rangers swiped 1st!
Looking forward to try and stay on top. I got a couple key guys off the DL this sim hopefully we can keep the Angels at bay and win the AL West!!!

Keep in mind a few other things come into play.

1. The owner can raise or lower your budget on his own whim. Some people will stink it up and get a raise in budget, others will have a drastic drop...especially high salary teams that perform really bad. Your owner is an 'economizer' so it will be interesting to see what he does with the budget.

2. You won't have to pay much in luxury tax, but some teams are not so lucky.

3. You're 10th in total attendance, and nearly selling out every game. Not a lot you can do about those numbers.

I think the real kicker to your cash this season was a bit too large of payroll early on. Keep in mind the game pays the players each sim day, so a 100 million dollar payroll over roughly 6 months (180 days or so) would mean you'd have 555,555 dollars a day (8.3 million a sim) going to player payroll. Cutting it to 90 million saved you 55,555 dollars a day (just under 800k a sim in savings).

Given your total projected balance is a -10.1 million, having dropped your payroll 10 million at the beginning of the year was your break-even....so at midpoint, you would have had to cut 15+ million, etc.

Cory

Yeah I definitely wasn't think about the Time frame of when I shaved that salary.

AT least for 08 I will be able to make the cuts I need without spending money to make the cuts(non tender, and vestment options)

Maybe keep my fingers crossed for a cash infusion from "The Economizer"!!!

Ouch lost Badger my best hitter for 5 weeks. Victorino for 3 weeks.

Looks like Im calling up James the Hamner .301 41 HR 99 RBI a year early!

Cory- I sent you a pm with questions about my payroll. Thanks ahead of time for the heads up.

Mike

Last edited:
Yankees 1 game out of the AL Wild Card race with 6 games against Baltimore and 3 against Toronto remaining. Going to be a fun last sim!

Steph

Magic numbers 6 - hopefully will break even in the division and take it home.

Most divisions in both leagues have been very competitive - which makes it even more stressful and interesting!

Todd

Magic numbers 6 - hopefully will break even in the division and take it home.

Most divisions in both leagues have been very competitive - which makes it even more stressful and interesting!

Todd

Blue J's imploded after losing half my offense to the DL at the end of August.. Just hoping that my rookies can hold it together and keep me in the wild card lead... Good Luck Todd!!

Blue J's exported..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.