BSL Update:2007 #14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue J's imploded after losing half my offense to the DL at the end of August.. Just hoping that my rookies can hold it together and keep me in the wild card lead... Good Luck Todd!!

Blue J's exported..

Really surprised my SP's didn't implode - two really old guys but they all stayed healthy. Hopefully it holds up. Injuries are a huge factor in the end results.

Good luck in the final sim, should be close!

Todd

Blue J's imploded after losing half my offense to the DL at the end of August.. Just hoping that my rookies can hold it together and keep me in the wild card lead... Good Luck Todd!!

Really surprised my SP's didn't implode - two really old guys but they all stayed healthy. Hopefully it holds up. Injuries are a huge factor in the end results.

Good luck in the final sim, should be close!

Todd

I'm just glad that I get to have a say in how it ends. I have losing records against you guys so it should be interesting.

The injury bug seems to have hit the league hard this year. I don't know if I had an entire sim where my starting lineup was totally in there.

Good luck to all!

Steph

Man, had a chance and then Blanton and Soo (on Milwaukee) get suspended for fighting. Haha. There goes 2 Blanton starts in his last 3 shots down the stretch.

Anyways 5 games out with 14 to play. First goal: winning record. Second goal: make playoffs. Rest of my season plays out with most 9 games against Cubs (Who I swept a week ago!), Cardinals (who I helped knock down into a tie for 4th with me) and the Diamondbacks (fighting for the wild card, out a game). Time to make some noise!!!

Called up some players for next year and went 11-3 so far in September. Owner went from Furious to Angry so hopefully he won't cut my budget much. Looking forward to next year! Rays have exported.

Man, had a chance and then Blanton and Soo (on Milwaukee) get suspended for fighting. Haha. There goes 2 Blanton starts in his last 3 shots down the stretch.

Anyways 5 games out with 14 to play. First goal: winning record. Second goal: make playoffs. Rest of my season plays out with most 9 games against Cubs (Who I swept a week ago!), Cardinals (who I helped knock down into a tie for 4th with me) and the Diamondbacks (fighting for the wild card, out a game). Time to make some noise!!!

Guh...

To finish up the season I have 6 Games against the Reds, 3 Games against the Pirates, 3 Games with Miami and 1 Game with the Cardinals.

Thats alot of in division games, Pujols is back so hopefully I can make a run!

Dodgers exported. 5 games below .500, will be difficult to please the owner this season with a winning record (must go 9-4 to break even with 10 games against Colorado and Arizona combined).

My starters haven't been hit hard by the injury bug at all. My challenge for next season is to see if I can get more innings out of them while keeping them off the DL. My bullpen performed great at times, but also have lost many games for me, due possibly to over work.

Any other owners use pitch counts for their pitchers? If so, were you also able to avoid injuries? Trying to figure out how much is luck and how much is design.

Dang download will export this afternoon. My team is in suck mode. Oh well atleast Reyes is back. Kazmir a 15 game winner but a 14 game loser atleast he leads NL in k's! 21 year old OF Hess I called up is showing great signs of being ready. Nick your Cubs snapped R.Rodriguez 21 game hit streak

Dodgers exported. 5 games below .500, will be difficult to please the owner this season with a winning record (must go 9-4 to break even with 10 games against Colorado and Arizona combined).

My starters haven't been hit hard by the injury bug at all. My challenge for next season is to see if I can get more innings out of them while keeping them off the DL. My bullpen performed great at times, but also have lost many games for me, due possibly to over work.

Any other owners use pitch counts for their pitchers? If so, were you also able to avoid injuries? Trying to figure out how much is luck and how much is design.

I didn't use pitch counts, but my starters stayed pretty healthy, and my bullpen was healthy too, but very overworked, with my starters not going very deep most times.

My position players on the other hand...
C-Mauer 1 DL stint
C-Valentin 1 DL stint
1B Jackson 2 DL stints (one was 6 weeks)
1B Bishop 1 DL stint (another 6 weeks at the same time as Jackson)
SS Martinez 1 DL Stint
SS Betancourt 1 stint
CF Granderson 3 months plus setback
CF/LF Dean 2 stints, both 5-6 weeks
RF Scott 1 3 week stint
LF Alou 3 stints plus
1B Gload 1 stint
Never realized how often they'd overlap. At one point I think I had 38 of my 40 man roster spots filled just to try and field a team. My 2B and 3B were pretty healthy, but even then, I played musical 2B trying to find one capable of playing over the Mendoza line

Sept has been rough, Mets capped off a 3 game sweep over us, then we lost a series to the Nats and Phillies before turning it around by winning 4 straight. On the up side I get Betemit back for the playoffs and the magic number is down to 6 with half of my remaining 14 games against NL East rivals.

Guh...

To finish up the season I have 6 Games against the Reds, 3 Games against the Pirates, 3 Games with Miami and 1 Game with the Cardinals.

Thats alot of in division games, Pujols is back so hopefully I can make a run!

Yes, this NL Central is completely up for grabs. My team stayed relatively healthy all year, now Furcal is out for a week, Nathan Smith (my 2B replacement for Fontenot) is out, and Sizemore got suspended 6 games. Terrible timing, and now I don't have a real good feeling about how this will end.

Besides the six games with the Cubs, I have 4 at SF and three vs. HOU. Hoping my makeshift lineup can scratch out enough wins to hold on to this .5 game lead.

Eric

Yes, this NL Central is completely up for grabs. My team stayed relatively healthy all year, now Furcal is out for a week, Nathan Smith (my 2B replacement for Fontenot) is out, and Sizemore got suspended 6 games. Terrible timing, and now I don't have a real good feeling about how this will end.

Besides the six games with the Cubs, I have 4 at SF and three vs. HOU. Hoping my makeshift lineup can scratch out enough wins to hold on to this .5 game lead.

Eric

I think you're saying the Brewers are going to sneak this thing out... I'd shake an angry fist at them if I could. But at least the Astros can't win the central! :p

My injury history THIS SEASON for players on my 40-man roster with more than 20 days MLB service. A bit much, no?

Day to Day - 16
1 Week - 2
1-2 Weeks - 3
2 Weeks - 5
2-3 Weeks - 1
3 Weeks - 2
3-4 Weeks - 1
4 Weeks - 1
5 Weeks - 2
5-6 Weeks - 1
6 Weeks - 1
2 Months - 1
5 Months - 1
7 Months - 1
8-9 Months - 1
9 Months - 1
9-10 Months - 1

I am looking into some slight adjustments we can make without overdoing anything to reduce the injury frequency, but keep it realistic at the same point.

I am looking into some slight adjustments we can make without overdoing anything to reduce the injury frequency, but keep it realistic at the same point.

I thought the injury's were a little more frequent then they should have been, seems just about every team lost one of their big players. But as long as it affects everyone the same it doesn't really matter, we all play by the same rules.

- Chris

My injury history THIS SEASON for players on my 40-man roster with more than 20 days MLB service. A bit much, no?

Day to Day - 16
1 Week - 2
1-2 Weeks - 3
2 Weeks - 5
2-3 Weeks - 1
3 Weeks - 2
3-4 Weeks - 1
4 Weeks - 1
5 Weeks - 2
5-6 Weeks - 1
6 Weeks - 1
2 Months - 1
5 Months - 1
7 Months - 1
8-9 Months - 1
9 Months - 1
9-10 Months - 1

I had a thought about this yesterday as I was reading thru OOTP forums, I also had a possible financial change i want to talk to you about and get your thoughts on.

Day to Day - 16
1 Week - 2
1-2 Weeks - 3
2 Weeks - 5
2-3 Weeks - 1
3 Weeks - 2
3-4 Weeks - 1
4 Weeks - 1
5 Weeks - 2
5-6 Weeks - 1
6 Weeks - 1
2 Months - 1
5 Months - 1
7 Months - 1
8-9 Months - 1
9 Months - 1
9-10 Months - 1

Yikes!
my by time breakdown was lousy, yours is like the 2011 Twins! I agree, we need to find the Iron Horse setting and flip it on

Day to Day - 16
1 Week - 2
1-2 Weeks - 3
2 Weeks - 5
2-3 Weeks - 1
3 Weeks - 2
3-4 Weeks - 1
4 Weeks - 1
5 Weeks - 2
5-6 Weeks - 1
6 Weeks - 1
2 Months - 1
5 Months - 1
7 Months - 1
8-9 Months - 1
9 Months - 1
9-10 Months - 1

Kind of looks like my roster. We were the walking wounded this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.