BSL Update:2015 reg season 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file is ready for everyone

Website will not be updated this sim, I need the bandwidth for other things this afternoon/evening

Export deadline is Saturday at noon.

Also the following is not to single anyone out as this happens relatively often across the league:

I have brought this up numerous times since BSL 2.0 started: If you are going to run full active rosters, with full aaa and aa affiliates, then please,please,please message me with instructions for your players coming off of DFA. When you repeatedly waive a player and no one has any interest that player continually runs out of time in DFA. In most cases those players refuse demotion, so even if you have room in the minors he will to be able to be placed there. Normally that player would then be released, however alot of these players have high contracts and can cost teams a lot of cas to be released, which forces me to make room for them on your active roster, which can effect your lineups during the sim, DFA time ends 1-5 days into the sim generally, so you can end up having weird lineups throughout the sim when I am forced to make these changes. I want to reiterate that I am nt trying to pick on any one team here, it happens quite a lot throughout the course of the season.

So please help me help you by messaging me what you would like done for players who are on waivers and DFA because if they aren't claimed by a team, they will run out of time in DFA and need to be placed back on your active roster, or released outright. Also, don't just message me to place the player in the minors, I will also need instructions for the player if they are out of options and cannot/will not go to the minors.

Last edited:
Well, Braves dropped to 11-11 but a few players are doing very good. A Juarez is 4-0 with a 0.31 ERA after 4 starts and is in a 28 2/3 scoreless streak.

Nick - if someone is perpetually waiving a player to keep under 40, they need to be cut regardless of salary. I'd say after 1 or 2 times of shuffling, just cut the contract. It's not like there hasn't been fair warning.

In regards to dfa clearing not accepting minor league assignment, just demote anyone you see with an option. No need to be picky.

Wouldn't you know it, I offer 2 guys minor league deals this sim, and both guys tell me they want nothing to do with a minor league deal via my email. And then, 2 days later, they sign minor league deals with the Royals. For some reason, maybe it is this, or maybe that AWESOME record they possess, but I am starting to not like that organization, LOL. Just ribbing you Cory.

Also, wanted to ask, if we send in two exports, does the second always replace the first? I thought so, but I did some stuff after I exported the first time, and it doesn't seem to be in the game. Thanks, Tony.

About time someone started signing Minor deals with me. I have offered around 25 a sim for the whole offseason.

Regarding exports, any time you export it should overwrite the previous file on the server. However, if Nick or I (whomever is simming) does a league wide export check and uploads current exports, then later in the day manually check just the missing teams, any export sent by a team already imported by the commish wouldn't show. A fix for this would be to mass import as a commish every time we check, however, sometimes it just doesn't happen. There are a lot of very simple yet very important steps in a sim, and sometimes the other details get brushed to the side. We try our best.

As such, from a team standpoint, I would recommend trying to export once if possible, that also is a solution. Any time you exit your OOTP software, all current changes are saved, so if you come back later before the sim you can make changes, then export to ftp.

I normally do export just once, but then I think I make Nick sweat if I am going to, LOL. I alway export, as I don't think I have ever not since I have joined. But I do sometimes do it about 15 minutes prior to the deadline. So this time, I did it early, and then did a final one around 9:30 this morning, but it didn't get picked up I guess. Oh well, just more for next time. Thanks guys.....and Cory, what are you doing to make your minor league deals more sweet than mine? I mean really, is Omaha or NW Arkansas better than Sacramento, CA or Midland, TX? What are you guys pointing out to these guys to get them to sign your deals?

I normally do export just once, but then I think I make Nick sweat if I am going to, LOL. I alway export, as I don't think I have ever not since I have joined. But I do sometimes do it about 15 minutes prior to the deadline. So this time, I did it early, and then did a final one around 9:30 this morning, but it didn't get picked up I guess. Oh well, just more for next time. Thanks guys.....and Cory, what are you doing to make your minor league deals more sweet than mine? I mean really, is Omaha or NW Arkansas better than Sacramento, CA or Midland, TX? What are you guys pointing out to these guys to get them to sign your deals?

I think Cory is sweetening the deal by offering KC BBQ and beer

In today's instance I think your export on the server didn't overwrite, as I only checked all team imports today once, because it was after the export deadline so I used the check all teams option and it was after 2:00 pm central that I did so.

No, my imports were at like 800 am this morning, and then I did a new one around 9:45. Doesn't look like the later one got picked up for some reason. Again, no biggie. I will probably do like I normally do, and just send one late. Just don't sweat it, I will get it there, LOL. Thanks, Tony.

In today's instance I think your export on the server didn't overwrite, as I only checked all team imports today once, because it was after the export deadline so I used the check all teams option and it was after 2:00 pm central that I did so.

I think the NW Arkansas guys is a swan song minor league destination, as these guys know their career is about up, so they figure they might try catching on to a wal-mart heiress. And Omaha...well, I don't know. Steaks?

In reality, no idea. Probably a mix of roster sizes, positions, age, popularity, path to majors, winning teams, etc.

I was thinking roster sizes. Since his minor affiliates are already at 25/25 and 35/35 they may not want to talk about playing there because there is no where for them to play.

The opening season sm was an anomaly as far as how I usually import teams exports. Since it was opening day I was checking team imports all along before the deadline. On any normal sim day I only check exports once and that is anywhere from 1 minute-12 or more hours after my export deadline time. That way it usually wouldn't make a difference as long as your final export was made before the deadline.

As far as today's stuff I'm not sure why your final export didn't overwrite.

Blue Jays have exported.. Happy to be getting my big bat back--1B Nelson, 3B Atkins,
promote 3 AAA players to see if I can get out of the basement!! LOL....

Beware.... The water in the bullpen in Kansas City Stadium is contaminated!!!
MR Guy Miller is the latest victim out 12-13 months.. Sorry Cory...

Last edited:
Blue Jays have exported..

Beware.... The water in the bullpen in Kansas City Stadium is contaminated!!!
MR Guy Miller is the latest victim out 12-13 months.. Sorry Cory...

WOW!!! every year this happens. I actually withdrew my offer on Miller the sim he got signed. That's a bad hit.