BSL Update: 2018#2 - mid January

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Leagues files are on the server and ready now.

Website will be up over the course of the evening....a huge upload with all the new pictures and minor league histories.

Retired around 100 players from FA pool as per previous threads.

Spent a good 4-5 hours combined on all of this, so hopefully it works out well.

Next deadline for exports is Tuesday at noon central unless Nick moves it further out (he will be taking back over).

Cory

Fair enough notice for everyone.

If anyone has a problem with the way I manage things, I am done with this. I have been at this game far too long and put way too much of my own time to be called out in a PM regarding me 'lying' to owners with the decisions I make.

YES, I originally stated this sim would run through the entire month of Feb. YES, I did change it to a short normal sim at Nick's request (as such, he is the commissioner). YES, I did edit my post a few hours later to reflect that as such.

Anyone who hasn't realized, if we run a sim over 15 days, teams get a free pass on exposing players to waivers without actually losing them to another team. A few teams elect to use this system to their advantage, which works but could be considered 'gaming the system' , however a few were left with players dangling on the waiver wire due to the short sim.

MY FAULT.

So, if you have an issue, let me know and I will as such resign all involvement in the BSL. No worries, the update I just spent 4+ hours on is still uploading.

Seriously, it is a game. Things change. I fully intended on running a full sim and the stuff got switched. No need to PM me that crap. I have zero issues with full transparency here.

Are you kidding me? some one takes this game so seriously that you would call out someone who has put in so many hours so that we all have this great distraction to enjoy. Get a grip on reality people. I know that we all have a competitive streak or we would not play games like these but put these games in perspective. They are just games. Take a deep breath Cory and remember that 99% of us do really appreciate all you and Nick have done to keep us up and running. Thanks Pat

Indians exported. And no problems with this sim or any sim. Cory and Nick have helped me so much since I got into this as well as several of you owners have helped me out getting started. I appreciate you all.

Dennis

I am fine. It was a long weekend with my kids, wife, and I all trading illnesses (Heath has it currently as well). Not to mention the spring forward in time and all of the general bs that life brings. I just wasn't in the mood to get the PM when I did, so I kinda lost it. I still stand behind the principle that I would never do anything to purposely harm an owner's chances.

That being said, if a player is on waivers currently (1 day remaining) and they are not on irrevocable waivers, they can be withdrawn from waivers before the next export deadline. Anyone who claims the players will simply get a message that the player was withdrawn.

If they are on irrevocable waivers, they shouldn't have the opportunity to clear waivers free in the first place, and there is not a lot that can be done at this point regardless.

Man.. I put a claim on all them bluejays prospects... lol! On a side note both nick and cory do an excellent job with the league. And I appreciate everything yall do. You guys gotta remember this is a game. Have fun!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Signed SP K.Paige and thrilled with how my team is looking as Spring Training approaches. Not thrilled with my system but should have a solid draft opportunity this season.

I have a question. My fan interest is a 99/100, I have good loyalty, but I am still a small market team. Is there anything I can do to increase the market I'm in?

Thanks,
Steph

I have a question. My fan interest is a 99/100, I have good loyalty, but I am still a small market team. Is there anything I can do to increase the market I'm in?

Thanks,
Steph

haha... that's one thing I never have gotten with our little league away from reality... teams like the Yanks are a small market team while I believe Tampa is a bigger market than NY.

Thanks,
Steph

Just keep winning as much as possible. Market sizes change on 3-7 year samples from what i have gathered. I just had my first increase in 10 seasons

Whomever sent Cory that PM should make a public apology in my opinion. Cory and Nick do a lot of work for the BSL so we can all enjoy the game. To crap on one of them is not cool and that person should be ashamed.

Just keep winning as much as possible. Market sizes change on 3-7 year samples from what i have gathered. I just had my first increase in 10 seasons

AKA, no hope of market size increasing. Bummer :(

I'm still jealous of the market size increase! I've made the playoffs 9 out of 11 seasons and have never been below .500. Can't seem to get that market size increase (unless I forgot about it somewhere along the way, but I think I've always been Average). Still, I'm happy to have been dealt an Average market size in the initial random setup!

This game gave me a new appreciation for how tough it is to compete with low gate and market size since it really limits your budget. Some teams are $50 - $60 million lower budget than the big market teams and that makes it tough to compete. I give those winning small market owners a lot of credit in our league. Even the stadium aspect comes into play - I kind of wish that I could save my excess cash and some day build a new stadium. Yes, I'm also jealous of the Mets stadium and their ability to fill it with 55K strong every game!

Eric

I'm still jealous of the market size increase! I've made the playoffs 9 out of 11 seasons and have never been below .500. Can't seem to get that market size increase (unless I forgot about it somewhere along the way, but I think I've always been Average). Still, I'm happy to have been dealt an Average market size in the initial random setup!

This game gave me a new appreciation for how tough it is to compete with low gate and market size since it really limits your budget. Some teams are $50 - $60 million lower budget than the big market teams and that makes it tough to compete. I give those winning small market owners a lot of credit in our league. Even the stadium aspect comes into play - I kind of wish that I could save my excess cash and some day build a new stadium. Yes, I'm also jealous of the Mets stadium and their ability to fill it with 55K strong every game!

Eric

I want to relocate my team to Minnesota! He has the biggest market in the entire game! Always has...

Eric, look on the bright side...your stadium is 17% less likely than average to give up a triple! Probably offset by the 115% of average for HR's. Only 2nd in the league to Philly's 119% of average.

I would love Minnesota's market and San Diego's park. Combine that with my staff and I don't even need an offense.