BSL Update: It's time for SPRING!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
League File is ready for download

Webpage will NOT be updated for this sim as there are no games, but everyone can access ALL the league info in the league file they download. From this point on, the reports will be uploaded to the website each sim.

We have finally reached the first day of spring training (a short sim got us there). Teams have the OPTION of increasing their 25 man active rosters to 40 players...HOWEVER it is important to realize that anyone on the expanded 25 man roster has to be on the 40-man roster...SO...if you call up a prospect from AA with a minor league deal, he WILL be given a major league contract and his 40-man roster time (ala arbitration clock) will be started. It is my recommendation ONLY to promote AAA veterans or players ALREADY ON the 40 man roster as this will cost you nothing. However many (or few) players you promote, you will have to DEMOTE back to 25 before opening day. Keep in mind veterans promoted CAN REFUSE to go back to AAA if they have no options, so you may want to keep them down there.

AT THIS POINT, ALL TEAMS NEED TO ADHERE TO THE ROSTER LIMITS.

ACTIVE (25--up to 40 for spring)
AAA (NO MORE than 25)
AA (NO MORE than 35)

These will be checked periodically...if anyone is over, commissioner will attempt to move to an open spot (AAA to AA, etc). If no open spot or player refuses, the oldest 'bad' player will be cut from that organization IN THE COMMISSIONER'S OPINION. Don't make Nick babysit your rosters.

On that note, this is my final sign-off as a commissioner. I will serve as an adviser to Nick when he has issues (as well as anyone else). From now on, I will be an owner like the rest of you.

The export deadline will be Friday at 1pm cst.
Really, aside from trading, you can offer free agents, existing player extensions, waiver wire claims, expand UP to 40 players active (see above) and lastly check out the in-game record predictions from the software!

Nick---good luck, I'm here to help where I can
Everyone else---cut him some slack, there is a substantial learning curve!

Cory

Last edited:
File downloaded on 1st attempt!!! Took awhile but it's done.
Cory, thank you for all the work you have put into making this league such a success. And, of course, we will take it easy on Nick while he gets adjusted to all the work HE now has to do to keep everyone happy!!

where are the predictions? Preseaon predictions says they have not been generated.

thanks for getting us rolling Cory

up and running, and I agree , thanks Cory . You have put a ton into getting us all in line and semi educated. I really appreciate it Pat

where are the predictions? Preseaon predictions says they have not been generated.

thanks for getting us rolling Cory

The predictions are in the software. As stated above, this is the last sim the league webpage will NOT be updated.

Remember, anything that you want to look at on the league webpage can be accessed in the league file when you open it.

The predictions are in the software. As stated above, this is the last sim the league webpage will NOT be updated.

Remember, anything that you want to look at on the league webpage can be accessed in the league file when you open it.

I am also not seeing the predictions.. I downloaded the file and checked, but nothing is there. Went under BSL tab, then reports, then preseason
predictions.. Just get message that report will generate after Spring Training starts. Let me know if I am looking in the right place.. Thanks, Kendall

I am also not seeing the predictions.. I downloaded the file and checked, but nothing is there. Went under BSL tab, then reports, then preseason
predictions.. Just get message that report will generate after Spring Training starts. Let me know if I am looking in the right place.. Thanks, Kendall

That is strange that they did not export with the file, however I am not surprised. They will go up on the website after the first spring training sim (it will be broken up into regular length sims unlike the previous BSL).

Twins are done! by the way, does anyone know a way to expand the OOTP12 game screen to make it larger and bigger? i thought there was a way to do it like maximizing a screen but I cannot seem to remember how. any help will be greatly appreciate!

thanks!

Twins are done! by the way, does anyone know a way to expand the OOTP12 game screen to make it larger and bigger? i thought there was a way to do it like maximizing a screen but I cannot seem to remember how. any help will be greatly appreciate!

thanks!

I think there is an option in the standard game settings to run it in full screen.

when you first open your game, in the menu where you normally click on 'load saved game', there is a button on the lower right labelled 'preferences', open that one and there is an option called 'display mode' or something close, the drop down window should have options for 'windowed' or 'full screen'

thanks!

i found it! thanks all!

when you first open your game, in the menu where you normally click on 'load saved game', there is a button on the lower right labelled 'preferences', open that one and there is an option called 'display mode' or something close, the drop down window should have options for 'windowed' or 'full screen'

I missed the deadline, so I reckon there is no point in exporting. Does anyone know if the spring training games play out like regular season games, or if they play out like actual spring games--pitchers only going 3 innings, young hopefuls replacing position players and such? Or is there a way to set those options?

I certainly hope the injury risk is not as substantial as it sounds as though it will be during the regular season.

---Frank

I missed the deadline, so I reckon there is no point in exporting. Does anyone know if the spring training games play out like regular season games, or if they play out like actual spring games--pitchers only going 3 innings, young hopefuls replacing position players and such? Or is there a way to set those options?

I certainly hope the injury risk is not as substantial as it sounds as though it will be during the regular season.

---Frank

Frank - I would still export changes...they will show up on the server as long as you beat the time when the commissioner processes the files. Nick won't be working on it until Sunday evening at the earliest, so you should have plenty of time even though the technical 'deadline' was today.

I'm not 100% sure on OOTP12, but in OOTP8 (old league) the relievers always were overused, and the starters were underused in spring. Injuries are always at the same 'pace' if games are being played.

Also, you can pretty much control the games played with the depth charts under lineups. The computer does a decent job, but you can have the backups playing every other day, etc if you want more guys getting reps. I just let them do their thing. The computer is actually pretty solid at giving you a decent lineup, then I just tweak it from that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.