BSL Update: Offseason 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
League file will be ready within 20 minutes of this post

EVERYONE should be protecting rule 5 players before exporting we are coming up on it SO THIS IS YOUR LAST OPPORTUNITY to protect players.

If you cant export PM me your protections and i will make sure it goes thru.

Export deadline is Tuesday at 5:00 PM Central time.

Website will b eupdated tonight

Blue Jays are happy to report that SP Martinez is staying in Toronto for at least 3 more seasons..

Last edited:
Not sure if this can be the last sim to protect player for rule 5. Some teams 40 man rosters may be full until after the arbitration / free agent fillings. Then that will free up spots for teams to move players to their 40 man to protect.

Pending free agents and/or non-tenders can be released outright at no expense, so that is a work around.

Understood. But I have at least 3 Type A and/or Type B guys that I am offering arbitration to, so don't want to release them outright. But their spots are needed to protect other guys. The sim should be ran so as to allow teams to do their necessary moves. Players file on Nov. 21st and the Rule 5 is Dec. 1st. Should be able to stop somewhere in between.
Pending free agents and/or non-tenders can be released outright at no expense, so that is a work around.

Last edited:
Understood. But I have at least 3 Type A and/or Type B guys that I am offering arbitration to, so don't want to release them outright. But their spots are needed to protect other guys. The sim should be ran so as to allow teams to do their necessary moves.

I guess it is up to Nick as far as that goes. It usually boils down to one of those double edged sword things where some complain if it's too long, some complain if it's too short. I recommend running a player or two under 40 man just for this reason and have done so for many seasons. Something to think about in the future.

I tried declining the option on Doug Fister and exercising it on Michael Dean last sim, it told me the option had expired. When I tried releasing Fister, it says it will add 1.03 million to my player expenses, so I held off. I tried again tonight and got the same message about it adding his 2018 salary to player expenses. I released him anyway, the $1 million isn't a huge deal for me, but if I had released Dean it would have cost me $19 million.

Last edited:
I tried declining the option on Doug Fister and exercising it on Michael Dean last sim, it told me the option had expired. When I tried releasing Fister, it says it will add 1.03 million to my player expenses, so I held off. I tried again tonight and got the same message about it adding his 2018 salary to player expenses. I released him anyway, the $1 million isn't a huge deal for me, but if I had released Dean it would have cost me $19 million.
Was it possibly a mutual option on fister?

I'm not positive on Fister, I thought it was team option, and I KNOW Dean is a team option. I originally tried to release Dean also, figuring I might find an upgrade for that kind of $, but when I did it last sim and this sim, it told me it would add $19 million to player expenses, so I figured if I'm paying him either way, he might as well play the season out.

Valediction I can fix all that for you if you pm me the details. You are tight. We will have yo run a short sim for rule 5 protections after arb sim.

Marlins exported... made one of their biggest moves since entering the BSL last sim! Now its time to sort the roster and let the 2018 season begin!!

Tigers exported.

Owner lowered my payroll again, but thanks to a roster loaded with young guys I still should be going into FA 50 million under my cap. Looking ahead though things will be tight when all my young studs are hitting arb or need to be signed to longer contracts.