BSL Update: Spring Training #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I can't find a way to get the Development Report on the league website. There isn't a link on my team's home page. I thought it used to be on the upper right below the News, Transactions, Injuries, etc.

When I try to view it in the OOTP software, I can't seem to get anything other than the 1/1/2007 report. I click on my team drop down, then go to Player Development Report and it just shows 1/1/2007 vs. 1/1/2007. If I click on the individual players, and then Scouting Report, I can see that Dmitri Young went from 2.5 down to 2 stars and he lost 2 points on Contact, and 3 on Power now in the 3/31/2007 report. It just isn't showing up for the full team in that Player Development Report.

Update: This is strange. After clicking on the player, then Scouting Report, then back to the development report, it shows the change. It's odd, but if I do this for each player, my Development Report will then reflect all of the changes. Kind of a manual process though.

Also, I'm not getting anything on the Preseason Predictions - still shows a date of 1/1/2007 in the game. Not sure if we were expecting to see anything here though - I just remember a couple people mentioning it a few days ago.

Eric

Last edited:
Update: This is strange. After clicking on the player, then Scouting Report, then back to the development report, it shows the change. It's odd, but if I do this for each player, my Development Report will then reflect all of the changes. Kind of a manual process though.

Eric

Thanks, Eric. I did exactly what you said and I was able to get the development report. Manual, but it works :)

Steph

I can't find a way to get the Development Report on the league website. There isn't a link on my team's home page. I thought it used to be on the upper right below the News, Transactions, Injuries, etc.

When I try to view it in the OOTP software, I can't seem to get anything other than the 1/1/2007 report. I click on my team drop down, then go to Player Development Report and it just shows 1/1/2007 vs. 1/1/2007. If I click on the individual players, and then Scouting Report, I can see that Dmitri Young went from 2.5 down to 2 stars and he lost 2 points on Contact, and 3 on Power now in the 3/31/2007 report. It just isn't showing up for the full team in that Player Development Report.

Also, I'm not getting anything on the Preseason Predictions - still shows a date of 1/1/2007 in the game. Not sure if we were expecting to see anything here though - I just remember a couple people mentioning it a few days ago.

Eric

Nothing will show up on the website at any point. I will look into a fix for the other in-game stuff

I figured it out.

With OOTP Scouting Turned OFF, the player development report will only update each January 1. Each team can manually force the updated progress for an individual player's ratings by roster/player/scouting report. It is very labor intensive though.

I do have a way to force of the ratings changes to show on the development report...we can do it after spring training each year, but the remainder of the year it will have to be done manually until after the season. I will pass it on to Nick so he can apply the change before the next sim...that way everyone will be able to view their development report following spring.

Cory

I have a player MR Randy Flores who was suspended 8 games

1. When does is suspension start is it the first 8 games of the regular season or did it start right away

2.Can i add a player to the 25 man roster to replace him for the games he is out

Or do i just have to live with his suspension and carry 24 players on my 25 man roster.

Thanks, Eric. I did exactly what you said and I was able to get the development report. Manual, but it works :)

Steph

If you go to what Eric said, (roster/player/scouting reports), then there will be a little arrow above the potential stars that you can easily flip through your entire team in about 15 seconds. I'm not sure if that's what you did, but I did it and it worked fine. Then I went to my development report and looked at the entire team.

EDIT: If you go to your roster page and change the affiliated teams, this works also.

Last edited:
I figured it out.

With OOTP Scouting Turned OFF, the player development report will only update each January 1. Each team can manually force the updated progress for an individual player's ratings by roster/player/scouting report. It is very labor intensive though.

I do have a way to force of the ratings changes to show on the development report...we can do it after spring training each year, but the remainder of the year it will have to be done manually until after the season. I will pass it on to Nick so he can apply the change before the next sim...that way everyone will be able to view their development report following spring.

Cory

Too late now, I manually, labor intensively, went through my whole team already ;)

... hey, it's a long time til Fri :)

I have a player MR Randy Flores who was suspended 8 games

1. When does is suspension start is it the first 8 games of the regular season or did it start right away

2.Can i add a player to the 25 man roster to replace him for the games he is out

Or do i just have to live with his suspension and carry 24 players on my 25 man roster.

I did some research on this one.

Any Spring Training Suspensions are started on day one of the regular season. He will be out 8 games. If you Demote him to minors, the 8 games will not burn off, he will still be suspended until he serves 8 games on the ML level. You must carry 24 players while the player serves his time as OOTP does not have suspended list to place him on.

On another similar note...only regular season counts for burning off suspension time...so if a player gets suspended 8 days in game 161, he would serve 1 day on game 162 and then be suspended throughout the entire playoffs. It's a glitch, but there is no fix for it.

Cory

Expand on this comment

I have looked at every team in the league and only the Cubs and Royals
list any increases/decreases on the development reports.. That is what I
have noticed.. Probably just a switch needs to be turns on for all teams to
receive notice.

I did some research on this one.

Any Spring Training Suspensions are started on day one of the regular season. He will be out 8 games. If you Demote him to minors, the 8 games will not burn off, he will still be suspended until he serves 8 games on the ML level. You must carry 24 players while the player serves his time as OOTP does not have suspended list to place him on.

On another similar note...only regular season counts for burning off suspension time...so if a player gets suspended 8 days in game 161, he would serve 1 day on game 162 and then be suspended throughout the entire playoffs. It's a glitch, but there is no fix for it.

Cory

Thanks for the help i am still going to have to send someone down to the minors need to bring a MR up from minors to fill his spot.
also is there any way i can appeal his suspension ?