Burbank Sportscards is at it again on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ha! Someone has a PSA 10 for only $16.99 BIN! Why does Burbank price like that? Not like that card is super hard to find or anything.

I can never figure them out. They are holding a few cards I need hostage. Some people should not have kids- others should not have cards!

must be they didn't get enough business at their actual store, so they are putting everything up in an Ebay store, hoping the suckers come along...

Thats scary! I could see if they had my purple auto Griffey Jr serial #5 or the Emerald auto/gu Griffey Jr. serial #5! They would be listed in the thousand dollar range! Best regards, David

Check out the completed listing. The guy sells a bunch at his price.

That's what I was thinking. They do sell quite a bit at those prices. I guess they figure it's better to what for one person who will pay any price for a card, rather than sell those cards at normal prices. I wonder how much business they do on beckett, they also have cards listed at crazy prices on there.

Check out the completed listing. The guy sells a bunch at his price.

Really ???

They have 33,000+ items listed and only 128 in completeds and about 3/4 of those are unsold items. Even if they're getting hugely inflated prices for what does sell it doesn't look like a very good business model to me.

Really ???

They have 33,000+ items listed and only 128 in completeds and about 3/4 of those are unsold items. Even if they're getting hugely inflated prices for what does sell it doesn't look like a very good business model to me.

I agree. At .03 every month for each item they have listed, that's nearly $1300 to keep their Ebay store open with the $300 store fee. If they make 90 sales at an average of $30 profit each, that's $2700 minus 15% ebay/paypal fees, which comes to roughly $2300. That makes for a grand total profit of $1000 per month. That seems like a lot of work for just $1000.

They will probably keep many of the cards from reaching eager hands until the owner(s) decide it's time to liquidate or pass this on to someone with a bigger clue!

I tend to agree with mint...there is something to be said for higher prices, but you almost need to have volume as well when you are selling that much at extremely noncompetitive pricing. They will land a few people who MUST have that last card, but for the most part people like us are mocking their business model. Perhaps because they are holding one of our cards hostage or maybe just because it's easy to do. I bet at more reasonable prices, they would sell so much more and whatever need they have to ask ridiculous pricing may be negated.

I actually think some of it is ego. They were one of the biggest in the game for a long time and had a steady business because of it. Now that the market for sports cards isn't what it once was, they still have all the inventory. Most people aren't willing to pay their prices. They still have their large facility which I have to believe is still pretty full. If they start actually selling their inventory then they will have a large, empty facility. So it becomes a catch 22. Do you have a big, empty facility and make sales or do you have a big, full facility and sit on a bunch of inventory?

I actually live in LA and frequent the place...Their store showroom is small...they're business is mostly done on line...They have 2 computers if you want loose commons. Their prices suck...but I get lucky there and I mostly shop for supplies.

Burbank is the hobby devil! I urge you all to keep boycotting his items:) He has some Choi cards I could use and I will never buy from him, I am content to wait until another copy comes along.

Also, the guy is a complete jerk. He's so hated at the big shows he has to send in other people to buy for him because if dealers recognize him it's no sale.

i am almost positive the old man likes the light skin boys,too. i use to buy boxes there 10 fold compared to my buddy. i use to go in there at least twice a week for a few months. my buddy would make his way across there for a box, once a month sometimes two months and he once walked away with a 6 month supply of toploaders in all sizes and sleeves. he said the old man just giggled at him while he shoved the supplies down his bag. i swore that day i'd never go back. then i found out about their outrageous prices on ebay. oh well.