Burbank Sportscards is at it again on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gals and guys this is not complicated. Just don't spend your money there and they will either eat the cards and go broke. Or they will use some kind of common sense and know to lower the price of there cards simple. If not them look else where for your cards. They are not the only game in town.

Gals and guys this is not complicated. Just don't spend your money there and they will either eat the cards and go broke. Or they will use some kind of common sense and know to lower the price of there cards simple. If not them look else where for your cards. They are not the only game in town.

That works to a point, but unless you can convince everyone to think like that, it only works so well. There are people out there who just want a card, they don't care what it costs, you see it all the time on ebay or anywhere else. $5 oddballs that sell for $80-100 or more. Some people don't want to bother with ebay, or running around to shows. For some the thrill is in the hunt, for others, it's all about possession. Look at the people who have posted on this thread who admit Burbank has the cards they've been looking for, in some cases for years. These cards find their way in to Burbank instead of to ebay or a local shop for a reason. If they can reach one person who is willing to pay their price, it doesn't matter much if 100 people feel they are overpriced.

I ranted about Burbank for years, but you know what, it's their business, which unfortunately for us, they do a ton of business on ebay/beckett.

That said, there are a couple of cards I would like, but their prices are simply out of my range. Even with the high prices, I have bought from them in the past. In addition, if they had pictures and/or included the actual serial number in the description I would buy more. In fact, it is possible to flip cards bought from them!

Some say, wait it out, but for me, if they got it, it's quite possibly the only time I'm ever going to see it. I passed on a 1997 #/25 card once at $99.99 only to never see it again. Sometimes, I figure if I "overpay", I would just skip out on a couple of lunches or something :)

Some say, wait it out, but for me, if they got it, it's quite possibly the only time I'm ever going to see it. I passed on a 1997 #/25 card once at $99.99 only to never see it again. Sometimes, I figure if I "overpay", I would just skip out on a couple of lunches or something :)

I did recently come to this conclusion with them. I bought a card #/5. The only other one I have ever seen was held by R&B21 (which has mysteriously disappeared). Both were similarly priced but Burbank was less hassle so I went with them. I did however get them to negotiate on the card and I saved about $50 off their original asking price.

I did recently come to this conclusion with them. I bought a card #/5. The only other one I have ever seen was held by R&B21 (which has mysteriously disappeared). Both were similarly priced but Burbank was less hassle so I went with them. I did however get them to negotiate on the card and I saved about $50 off their original asking price.

How did you manage that I must ask? Every person I have talked to regarding getting them to lower a price has been met with a quick negative response or none at all.

Join the club. They are holding a ton of stuff I need hostage.

Amen.

I just bought 7 cards for one of my sets of HOF'ers, all numbered under /100 for $60 dlvd from one seller. Burbank could make a nice dime off of me if they would be "reasonable", but I will never buy from them.

Todd

Last edited:
How did you manage that I must ask? Every person I have talked to regarding getting them to lower a price has been met with a quick negative response or none at all.

They posted a card with a Best Offer option on eBay. They put it up for around $300. The card was a Nomar game used/auto #/5 so the price was not out of line. I had only seen one other one and it was at R&B21 (which has mysteriously disappeared). I put in a low offer and they came back with $250. I pondered it for a day and then accepted.

I've bought from them in the past, mostly low end common cards that I needed for my player lists. The main reason I bought from them was because their inventory was quite large and that I could fill quite a large gap from just one seller. But, their prices are way, way overinflated for inserts, numbered and game used/auto cards and I've stayed away from purchasing those cards from them and will continue to do so.

Jason

They posted a card with a Best Offer option on eBay. They put it up for around $300. The card was a Nomar game used/auto #/5 so the price was not out of line. I had only seen one other one and it was at R&B21 (which has mysteriously disappeared). I put in a low offer and they came back with $250. I pondered it for a day and then accepted.

Got lucky I think:) They don't usually offer a BIN on most of their auctions it seems like.

they have quite a few I could use to but I won't buy from them and the one time I tried getting them to drop the price on a whole lot of overpriced Shaq cards I got a quite rude no on what would still be way overpriced...thus I won't do any buisness with them ever unless they get to the point of liquidation and everything is going way underpriced

they have quite a few I could use to but I won't buy from them and the one time I tried getting them to drop the price on a whole lot of overpriced Shaq cards I got a quite rude no on what would still be way overpriced...thus I won't do any buisness with them ever unless they get to the point of liquidation and everything is going way underpriced

I paid nearly double for one of the last 2001 Topps GOLD I needed. I literally waited three years for this card to surface and it never did. I broke down and overpaid.

If these guys are ever liquidating, I'd still watch them go by...