Cal Ripken Jr *HOF* pic post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

This site and this thread is slightly humbling, I have over 2000 different Ripkens and I am in awe.
Will post some of my Rip hits tomorrow.
On a side not, bigslimdog-did you go to Towson University, you look real familiar?

1982ToppsCalRipken.jpg

1982ToppsCalRipken.jpg

1982DonrussCalRipken.jpg

u5.jpg

Amazing stuff so far.
Of course Al, I would expect nothing less from you! :eek:

Keep it coming guys. Just a few of my favs: (We could go on and on couldn't we..LOL )

1992 L&K Decal
1992LKDecal.jpg

1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Dufex
1993PinnacleCooperstownDufex-1.jpg

1997BowmanChromeInternationalRef-1.jpg

2000FleerRipken3000F.jpg

very nice!

that was my exact thought about 2 weeks ago! finally some AFFORDABLE ripken 1/1's. I'm still waiting on my 2nd and 3rd 1/1's to come in.

i would love to pick up one of those from an important game (1st game, last game, 2130, 2131, 3000th hit, 400th hr, etc...)

what do you think the bv's of those will be? will they even give them one since they are 1/1's? or will beckett think of them more as 1/2632?

Last edited:
I really wish the 1/1's had the date on them, not just the game number, makes it easier to pinpoint game and who it was against

Last edited:
very nice!

that was my exact thought about 2 weeks ago! finally some AFFORDABLE ripken 1/1's. I'm still waiting on my 2nd and 3rd 1/1's to come in.

i would love to pick up one of those from an important game (1st game, last game, 2130, 2131, 3000th hit, 400th hr, etc...)

what do you think the bv's of those will be? will they even give them one since they are 1/1's? or will beckett think of them more as 1/2632?

My guess is game #1, 2130, 2131, 2632, and his last game will be huge.
If listed correctly letting people know which game it is in the title on ebay, they will all go over 100 likely over 200.

bigslim, if you dont mind my asking what did you pay for the lot of the SPx ripkens, I paid $36 for my 1/1?

He doesn't have much invested if you consider the 4x GU go for 20 each and the spx jerseys go for 5 each, he has 38 invested in both. Nice buy, much better than I've done so far :(
RipkenAuction

Yeah well I was a sucker and bought my first 1/1 when they first came out and were hot. Cost me $60, but I really wanted one. I did much better on the lot bigalbert posted.

So are there 2000+ 1/1 cards in that issue, 1 for each consecutive game? I thought UD took the cake with those SP jersey 1/1s that had 99 different acomplishments. If that is true, then UD needs to lose their license!!! That is just wrong!

And before any of you want to bash me for complaining that now there are affordable 1/1 Ripkens, consider that this is just a hair this side of criminal considering how strongly some people feel about serial numbered cards being unique. It's not much different than a Topps gold card with 2007 copies numbered 1-2007 (merely changing the serial number) and this issue with more than that! (keeping the serial number the same, but changing the game date)?

By the way, I do love that 92 Elite auto. I have tried unsuccessfully for years to find a bargain on one, but there are no bargains on that card! It sells strong EVERY TIME! That is the only card I am missing from the 91-93 Donruss Elite auto/legend issue. I have the Sandberg AU, the Clark AU and the Ryan, Henderson & Yount Legends!!! I also have the entire 93 Elite Dominator series w/ the 4 autos as well. I used to love Donruss!

Yes but even though there are 2,632 each one really is a 1/1. No 2 cards have the same game information on them.

I love all the 2007 Ripken SPX cards.

Last edited:
My guess is game #1, 2130, 2131, 2632, and his last game will be huge.
If listed correctly letting people know which game it is in the title on ebay, they will all go over 100 likely over 200.

Hey guys, could you keep an eye out for Game #2999 & #3000. I was at those games (the doubleheader before his final game!) and would love to get them.

Thanks,
Russ

Does anybody dare to put together the SPX Iron Man Emerald set?

I don't mean all 2632 cards (that's impossible). I mean IM1-IM100 of the 1/1 emeralds.

Looks like the prices on ebay are holding steady at $30-40. There's A LOT fewer emeralds on there now too. When I bought my first one, there was over 100 and now there are only 40.

Last edited: