Case Break 08 UD Heroes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a spot

How many boxes in a case: 12?

How many hits in a box?

10 and 4, so there should be 10+ extras at the end of the picks, which I assume will go with whichever team lots apply. Are the YSL GU and buyback autos open season as well?

Can't get in on this one, but I think it is a great deal for the price.

Keep in mind, for $30 dollars you're having a chance at a CASE HIT (who knows, Jeter auto/patch 1/1?) Worse case, you get the 30th pick and a lower end auto/jersey, but then you get to turn around and be the first to pick the team that you want all of the non-hit cards from.

No one really can lose out on this.

Yep. The top 4-5 and bottom 2-3 slots will probably be the happiest.

We are 1/3 of the way there.....

If I can have two spots I'll take them, if not, one will suffice...

Thanks! Rob

Going to limit it to 1 for now, but if we have trouble filling the last spots. I will allow people to buy multiples.

10 and 4, so there should be 10+ extras at the end of the picks, which I assume will go with whichever team lots apply. Are the YSL GU and buyback autos open season as well?

YES, they will go into the "HITS" and are fair game.

If this goes off without a hitch we can try a FOOTBALL product next, so everyone will be happy.

We are 1/3 of the way there.....

Going to limit it to 1 for now, but if we have trouble filling the last spots. I will allow people to buy multiples.

YES, they will go into the "HITS" and are fair game.

If this goes off without a hitch we can try a FOOTBALL product next, so everyone will be happy.

Sounds good. Sign me up!

Don't mean to stir things up, but if I'm drafting at 27 and say there are only light blue jersey hits remaining ($8 to $10 bv), can I switch and select a low numbered non-gu Ripken or Jeter as my hit?

I'll sit this one out, but definitely want to check out the live draft. Thanks.

Don't mean to stir things up, but if I'm drafting at 27 and say there are only light blue jersey hits remaining ($8 to $10 bv), can I switch and select a low numbered non-gu Ripken or Jeter as my hit?

I'll sit this one out, but definitely want to check out the live draft. Thanks.

This is why the team lots are picked in reverse order.

Haha. That's how group breaks can go. At least with a draft break, you'll get SOMETHING. Team breaks seem to always go heavy on 2 or 3 teams such as the Yankees and Red Sox, which is why I like the draft method :). Personally I'd like to see it with less slots (say 10-20) and do a full up and down with hits or more and you could pick a "team insert" or "base lot" at any time in the draft. I just think some of the low numbered parallels will be worth more than some of the low-end "hits" near the end of the pecking order. I think the early 20s is probably the worst slots you could get for this type of break.

I don't think this was brought up, but are there super low-numbered parallels, 1/1s or printing plates, which could be considered "hits"? I just think that there will be cards that are not described as "hits" which people will prefer to take in the later spots.

Last edited:
My goal is for everyone involved to get something. Just like opening any box, it's always a gamble.

If everyone involved wants to include the inserts as part of the "hits", that would be for the 1st round and each person would only get 1 card for the 1st round and a team lot the 2nd round.

My goal is for everyone involved to get something. Just like opening any box, it's always a gamble.

If everyone involved wants to include the inserts as part of the "hits", that would be for the 1st round and each person would only get 1 card for the 1st round and a team lot the 2nd round.

I'd be up for that. I know that if the Pat Burrell Purple card comes up I would want that over any of the other auto/GU cards.

I would be good with Inserts being Hits for the first round. I know you can get some low numbered inserts that could be worth a pretty penny. Then all left overs could go into the team pot.

Sounds good to me.

Please count me in! Maybe I can finally knock out some of the Winfields I'm missing from this set that never seem to turn up anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.