Caught A Live One!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Very excited to get this back for my little nephew..Unfortunately I believe this guy will be terrorizing the Rangers for years...As an 18 year old(yes 18) he put up the following slash line in the Midwest and Cal leagues combined

.341/.428/.918 with 10 bombs 58 rbi and 56 sbs....

Mike Trout c/o Rancho Cucamonga 1/1 SS OMLB
trout.jpg

Another TTM Return
Frank Francisco 1/1

And IP last night(for Javy, mr.js 36)
Jeff Granger 1/1
I got to talk to Granger probably more than I ever had during my nephew's baseball game. Granger is hilarious and we started talking about the Puerto Rico Winter League. I had no idea he played 3 years for the very team that Javier goes and sees(Indios de Mayaguez). He had some great stories about that league but one I will share was funny and also relevant today.
I believe this was in 96 and Granger was playing on a winter league team with Bengie Molina, who was only 22 or so at the time. Granger gets to the park and is going to throw a bullpen session and Bengie comes up and says, hey my little brother over there is going to catch you, okay. He's really good, don't worry about his size. Granger looks over and sees this little 14 yr old kid and says okay, whatever. He starts throwing his sideline and this kid is just catching and perfectly framing everything. So Granger decides to start going full throttle. Sure enough, this kid is on everything, in perfect position and catching breaking pitches, fastballs, like nothing. Well, that 14 yr old kid just won another gold glove today(his third). Yadier Molina is pretty good :)
frankie.jpg

Thanks for reading!!Anyone that ever has any Grangers you want sign, LMK..

CW

Congrats on the Trout and thanks for the Granger :)
I didn't know he played for The Indios....Back in the 90's they played in there old stadium they have a new one for this season. Mayaguez has won many Championships Do you know if he was part of any of those teams???

Congrats on the Trout and thanks for the Granger :)
I didn't know he played for The Indios....Back in the 90's they played in there old stadium they have a new one for this season. Mayaguez has won many Championships Do you know if he was part of any of those teams???

i think he was on 2 teams that won it all in 96 and 97.ill check on it

Thats a neat story, and thanks for the offer, if I have any Granger cards I'll definately take you up on that.

thanks guys!! He did mention, javier, that the old stadium did not have any hot water and that was a pain in the blank.....also said once checks arrived, everyone hauled to the bank ASAP because you wanted to make sure they had enough to cash your check. and i believe one of the owners was an owner of Medalla beer. if they won, there would be like 6 or 7 cases in the clubhouse after the game...if they lost, nada!! :)

thanks guys!! He did mention, javier, that the old stadium did not have any hot water and that was a pain in the blank.....also said once checks arrived, everyone hauled to the bank ASAP because you wanted to make sure they had enough to cash your check. and i believe one of the owners was an owner of Medalla beer. if they won, there would be like 6 or 7 cases in the clubhouse after the game...if they lost, nada!! :)
That's funny because they still celebrate with Medalla beers...the last 2 season they played in my city of Aguadilla because there stadium wasn't ready yet.I went to every single home game last season they were playing 15 minutes away from my house.