Completed 1971 Topps!

bravesfansunite

5.00 star(s)
I am proud to say that I have now finished the 1971 Topps set in Nr-Mt condition! The last 3 cards I needed came in the mail today and that set is a real beauty with all the black borders.

And I will probably never put another vintage set in that good of a condition. It takes a ton of time, effort and money to get 752 old cards in that kind of shape.

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
Congrats! That was the first year I started to collect, but even though I was able to complete it in early 2003, I knew ahead of time I was better off to just go for a mixed condition set.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Congratulations!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment. Looking forward to the day that I am able to wrap my '71 set up.

sgbt4

5.00 star(s)
Congrats. Great accomplishment with all the high numbers!

I'm down to needing about 50 more for that set myself.

Scott

fatrat

5.00 star(s)
Congratulations - especially tough with the black borders which show wear that doesn't seem to even be there!! And, as mentioned, the highs! Nice job!

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
Wow. Congrats on the accomplishment! What a great feeling to finally finish a project like that.

Scott

valediction

5.00 star(s)
Congratulations, that's a beast of a set. Pretty much one of, if not the toughest set to complete in high grade.

chaplain11

5.00 star(s)
That is awesome news! Congrats on the accomplishment. I hope to finish mine up by 2017 ;)

Dewayne

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
I am slowly working my way there. A couple of mine have a touch of corner wear but all are crease free. If you do not mind my asking where did you find the high #'s? Did you get a lot at shows or mostly through trades? I am kind of hesitant to buy cards from that set without seeing them. I have been burned a few times with "exmt" cards that I bought and would in no way consider them to be "EXMT" condition.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Bryon

bravesfansunite

5.00 star(s)
I am slowly working my way there. A couple of mine have a touch of corner wear but all are crease free. If you do not mind my asking where did you find the high #'s? Did you get a lot at shows or mostly through trades? I am kind of hesitant to buy cards from that set without seeing them. I have been burned a few times with "exmt" cards that I bought and would in no way consider them to be "EXMT" condition.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Bryon
Most of the high numbers I got off Ebay. Most of the time, I had to wait until a near mint set break came along. These come along maybe once every two months on average. And when they did, I tried my best to scoop up the high numbers for reasonable prices. Little by little, I continued to whittle the set down until I finally finished it.

My best advice is just to play the waiting game and pounce when the card(s) you need come along.

Sponsors