Completed 1971 Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravesfansunite

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I am proud to say that I have now finished the 1971 Topps set in Nr-Mt condition! The last 3 cards I needed came in the mail today and that set is a real beauty with all the black borders.

And I will probably never put another vintage set in that good of a condition. It takes a ton of time, effort and money to get 752 old cards in that kind of shape.

Congrats! That was the first year I started to collect, but even though I was able to complete it in early 2003, I knew ahead of time I was better off to just go for a mixed condition set.

Congratulations!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment. Looking forward to the day that I am able to wrap my '71 set up.

Congrats. Great accomplishment with all the high numbers!

I'm down to needing about 50 more for that set myself.

Scott

Congratulations - especially tough with the black borders which show wear that doesn't seem to even be there!! And, as mentioned, the highs! Nice job!

I am slowly working my way there. A couple of mine have a touch of corner wear but all are crease free. If you do not mind my asking where did you find the high #'s? Did you get a lot at shows or mostly through trades? I am kind of hesitant to buy cards from that set without seeing them. I have been burned a few times with "exmt" cards that I bought and would in no way consider them to be "EXMT" condition.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Bryon

I am slowly working my way there. A couple of mine have a touch of corner wear but all are crease free. If you do not mind my asking where did you find the high #'s? Did you get a lot at shows or mostly through trades? I am kind of hesitant to buy cards from that set without seeing them. I have been burned a few times with "exmt" cards that I bought and would in no way consider them to be "EXMT" condition.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Bryon

Most of the high numbers I got off Ebay. Most of the time, I had to wait until a near mint set break came along. These come along maybe once every two months on average. And when they did, I tried my best to scoop up the high numbers for reasonable prices. Little by little, I continued to whittle the set down until I finally finished it.

My best advice is just to play the waiting game and pounce when the card(s) you need come along.