Compulsive buying on ebay

NYMets6986

5.00 star(s)
How many of you guys compulsively buy cards on ebay? I find myself doing it from time to time.

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
When I first was on eBay nearly 15 years ago I was buying like crazy, wanting to get every great deal. Now I am very selective but from time to time will buy great deals on cards on a whim that I often don't have much personal use for.

opcfan

5.00 star(s)
Yea I have done it as well. I just try to wait a bit before I bid. I don't like buyer remorse.

gwynn_fan

5.00 star(s)
I used to buy a lot...mainly from tntnorthnj when he started every auction no matter what at $0.99 not so much since he starts some of the better cards a lot higher.
Always looking for cards for my customers.
Bob

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
Buyer remorse, that's pretty good................I've watered down my buying on any site, especially the vintage stuff...............Mike

NYMets6986

5.00 star(s)
yeah i don have buyers remose so much its just that the last couple of nights i bought stuff just because the deal was right, i mean i could do without the cards

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Have cut down my buying to just HOF Topps Heritage autos I need or a well done cut. On the other hand have been buying more silent movie lobby cards than before.

jaderock

5.00 star(s)
I do it alot especially when my I have a paypal balance...I've bought several Auto/Jersey lots over the past 2 weeks totalling 532 cards for $491 delivered. :eek:

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I have a ebay budget of about $400.00 every month....This month...with some many of the Griffey Jr auto showing up and the YSL project.....its more like $600 for this month. Best regards, David

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
I used to buy a lot on E bay but since they went to paypal only I dont anymore I just dont do Paypal
Chief

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
All the time, especially when the "regular" items are dry and I have nothing coming in.

The search function is an evil thing!

hatesgoats

5.00 star(s)
I can go over budget easy.... My new poison has been check out my cards.
I have shifted my 200/mo and seem to have alot more to show for it. I got some crazy deals on GU stuff and did not have to wait on the auction to end.

MrBlackisBack

4.90 star(s)
This the only way to spend on Ebay. I'm like a kid on Christmas most of the time. Most of it is just stuff I need, but on occasion I will go for something else for my collection.

nevermore

5.00 star(s)
Right now I am fairly content with my collection...I don't need anything, I will only buy cards from my lists if I can find them for a good deal. With this new outlook on collecting my eBay spending has decreased significantly.

Before, I would compulsively go after every single card I needed and would often get buyer's remorse. Now I only do a handful of searches daily and usually have 3-4 items on my watch list at any given time and usually win 1 item per week on average.

mlbme22

5.00 star(s)
Watch list tends to be on the full side- Have been bidding alot lately bc of the good deals.

jackatl

4.90 star(s)
Watch list tends to be on the full side- Have been bidding alot lately bc of the good deals.
I agree, I have seen a lot of the HOF autos I need go for lower prices than normal, so I have been buying more than usual.

Sponsors