Dave Stewart & Dan Wilson Appearances in August

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I learned something very interesting from Dave as well. Apparently his time in Texas and Philly were not the best and he does NOT sign cards or items featuring either team.

That's pretty cruddy. Did he mention his problem with the cities? I understand those were some rough time in the cities of Philadelphia and Texas and some fans probably got on him for not performing, but that experience made him the person he is today and without it, he may have just ended up being a AAA pitcher in either organization's farm.
I sent a '86 Donruss with his face on it in a Phils uniform. If he didn't sign it, keep it. Maybe you'll be able to get the stamp off the SASE to use for your trouble. I appreciate you and your family taking the time to make an attempt for me however. Thank you!
OTOH - Are you really tall or is he vertically challenged?

I could use a couple of Dan Wilson for my brother and my collection. Hope you can still do it. Thanks for helping your fellow collectors out.....

I have not had a chance to mention this, but the Wilson signing was rained out. I don't know if they will reschedule or not. I am waiting for details from the club.

I sent off Dave Stewart cards for those who sent just Stewart or had multiple SASEs. I had not seen mention of anyone getting them, so hopefully they all arrived OK. If you were waiting for Wilson in addition to Stewart, I still have the cards.

If I don't get an update soon, I will return the unsigned Wilson cards.

Mopar-

I received mine just before the site went down. Thanks a ton again for the help!

R

I lucked out on this one. I checked the website LATE Friday night and saw that the rain cancelled Wilson appearance was happening the NEXT DAY! Had I not checked, I would have missed it!

This was my third signing event at the Stadium and this was by far the toughest to get quantity. Obviously Dan is a popular guy in this area and having played recently enough for even the younger fans to have heard of him. When you consider the statistics for the three signers, Wilson was the "worst" of the three (Gaylord Perry and Dave Stewart), but the most popular. I was not able to cycle the line as many times as I had hoped. It didn't help that my wife was working and couldn't make the game. My boys are not old enough to be into the signing thing and my brother, who came in my wife's spot was only willing to wait once! In a way, I am glad I missed Edgar Martinez and Jay Buhner, because those were probably chaos!

Anyway, I believe I was able to accommodate at least one card for each of those who sent them. I will need to check my notes because I literally handed him everyone's cards in a batch on my 2nd (and last) trip through as the line was closing behind me about 5 spots in hopes that he would sign them all! He was gracious enough to sign what I handed him, even though he probably could have held me to a single item!!

You might notice the night/day shots. First trip though it was sunny, the 2nd trip is was dark! One features my oldest son getting a ball signed that he found. I think it may have been a foul ball. My son got me with Dan later. He has a lot to learn about the camera, however he is only 8. At least I didn't get completely cut out of the photo with Dan!

P8280005.jpg
P8280006.jpg
P8280010.jpg
P8280011.jpg

Wow that's wild that more people came out for Wilson than Stewart. Seattle must really support their own. I was listening to the radio here in NY the other day and they were talking about Lou Pinella's retirement. I forget who the player was that was being interviewed, but they talked very specifically about how Pinella ruined Wilson's confidence when he was catching in Cincy by chewing him out whenever pitchers got lit up.
I'm looking forward to getting the cards back. Thanks again.

Thanks Again Mrmopar I Am Also Looking Foward In Receiving The Dan Wilson. The Dave Stewart Look Great, I Just Wished He Would Of Signed One Of The Phillies Cards. I Am Glad To Hear That You Liked The Luzinski And The Christenson.

-walt

Well it looks like there are greedy fingers at the post office. I received the envelope and the letter back and it was taped well on the back, but it looks like someone tore open the envelope from the side and took out both cards. Goodbye to my signed 87 Topps Dave Stewart and Triple Play Dan Wilson.

I am disappointed someone stole my cards out of the mail, but I thank you for taking the 50/50's and getting them signed for me.

That is just wrong! I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I had replacements to send your way.

I have had a couple packages ripped open in my day (not sure if it was theft or PO carnage from the handling)...the worst was a loss of a 1956 Topps Phil Rizzuto auto! I still have not recovered for that one, as it was post mortem. I don't think that one was theft though, because only a few cards were missing and the envelope was ready to bust at the seams. I was lucky more didn't spill out. The envelope was wrecked and it damaged/creased Dandridge and Cool Papa Bell auto'd PCs too.

It won't make it any better, but the Wilson TP card was actually exchanged out for a 1991 Stadium Club card. Another member needed a Triple Play card for a set, but didn't have one available and it didn't seem like you cared one way or another which card you got back and I figured the SC card was a nicer quality, earlier issue.

Well it looks like there are greedy fingers at the post office. I received the envelope and the letter back and it was taped well on the back, but it looks like someone tore open the envelope from the side and took out both cards. Goodbye to my signed 87 Topps Dave Stewart and Triple Play Dan Wilson.

I am disappointed someone stole my cards out of the mail, but I thank you for taking the 50/50's and getting them signed for me.