December 2021 Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It's not a new addition for me, but it is that time of year again so I'm breaking it out of the curio cabinet to display with the rest of our Christmas cards. Being from the same hometown as White Sox HOFer Ted Lyons, I have a small collection of cards and memorabilia from his career, and as a trumpet player I'm also impressed by the factoid I read somewhere that he is the only hall of famer to have attended college (Baylor) on a band scholarship! (He played trombone.) I picked this up on eBay years ago, and it's become a cherished Christmas tradition to have Ted wish me a Merry Christmas.

20211210_095611.jpg20211210_095642.jpg

Nothing spectacular but I think this us the first Puckett card I've pulled out of a pack since 2000 Greats of the Game....
2021 Topps update cards that never were

Have the same card incoming via a trade. And have pulled multiple Pucketts so far this year. Always fun to be able to get a PC player pack fresh!

Got $100 Christmas money that I wasn't expecting so I put it towards 2 boxes of Stadium Club Chrome. and a box of 2021 Topps On-Demand 3D. Didn't get a whole lot from the 3D but gonna work on that set. The 1st Stadium Chrome box yielded a Lewis Brinson Wave refractor and a Pavin Smith auto. Didn't get a single colored refractor or wave from the 2nd box but my auto made up for it:

51776334912_024d3b8705_z.jpgUntitled by Brett Blair, on Flickr