Does my card even exist???

cpr1981

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Has anyone else ever not been able to find a card in Beckett? I've had this problem a few times and it's usually because of what they say the card is numbered to...for example.

I have this card and this is how it's listed in Beckett

2008 Upper Deck Heroes Patch Autograph #48 Adam Dunn /23

but my version is clearly numbered 12/13

Do I the phantom version of this card that mighty Beckett oesn't know about or did they somehow, someway make a mistake?

Ok, now this brings me back to my card of today. I have this card and this is how Beckett has it listed.

2009 Sweet Spot Signatures Red Stitch Blue Ink #TT Troy Tulowitzki/ 99 but then under print run it has 15...huh?

I was simply wondering if anyone else had come across a card that Beckett doesn't have record of for whatever reason.

Colvin

O

oldmarine0311

becketts is odd sometimes, but you have to remember it doenst correct spelling errors and its fickel on how you enter it into the database search. i get 22 records when i put in for a search of --- 2008 Upper Deck Heroes Adam Dunn --- sure your not reading it wrong and the one is a 2 but is just smeared or fudged? also if you limit after search to autos it gives you two cards. one that should be your card.

I dont call becketts crapbucketts for nothing too.

dave

wreckingballsc

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I have a 2008 topps walmart dick perez game used jersey tim lincecum numbered /50 Chris from Beckett confirmed that is in fact an actual card, but I can't find it on their price guide nor have I ever seen one on Ebay?

Tim Carroll

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Colvin:
From the same set, Beckett lists Bill Hall's Red Jersey/AUTO as being numbered to 10. I have never seen that card, but I do have a copy of a Red Jersey/AUTO #'d to 38. Beckett does not even list that card as existing.

I think they got the print runs from UD (pre-release), then published those. UD probably changed their print runs after the list was given to Beckett.

Tim

oldschool

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
i would contact upper deck about it.Becket online only shows 4 adam dunns #25 or less and 3 of those are #25 and one #23..Could be numbering error.

Myerburg311

MVP
4.90 star(s)
The Heroes serial numbering on some of the autos and patches are a little messed up.. Probably because UD told beckett they were all numbered to 25 or 50 or whatever and only had enough patches for 23 or 13 or whatnot..

I have 2 Kazmir cards that they refuse to put in beckett after repeated emails..

jaderock

Prospect
They have entire sets that aren't recognized...it happens all the time!

To the Kazmir collector - not sure how they decide to add or not, but I've had some request added and others not added over the years...I prefer them NOT added as it makes for a good premium!

Myerburg311

MVP
4.90 star(s)
the two cards in question are a 2009 Topps Sketch card and a 2010 Topps Peak Performance Jumbo patch.. They have series 1 PP Jumbos but not the series 2!

And they don't recognize any of the 2009 Topps Sketch Cards, probably because they were released in the 2010 Topps boxes.. I pulled a Price from a 2010 box..

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Big Albert has a Cal Ripken Jr. auto serial from 2008 heroes thats not listed by Beckett in his personal collection.... Yours is probably a print error....should have been 12/25!! Someone on this board...pulled a 2008 ud heroes cards serial 26/25! The Navy blue auto with gu cards.....if you noticed the back of the cards....congratulation you got a gu card! It does not mention the auto!! So there was quite a bit of errors with this product.....and there were a few errors with the base cards as well! Hope this helps. Best regards, David

Last edited:

PogoCards

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I collect a lot of different variations of Sweet Spot autos and I am regularly finding the description/serial# information incorrect.