Ebay Feedback issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teammaddux

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
So this guy (with an Ebay feedback of 20) wins one of my auctions; it gets sent out within 2 days (which is what I state in my auctions--and shows I sent out within 2 days from tracking info), but then it takes 5 days for the P.O. to get the package from PA to Idaho where he lives. So in his feedback, he states that he would buy from me again, but makes the statement that it took 7 days to get there. So I'm thinking "Is this guy happy, or is this guy complaining?" So I send him a message back asking him this question, I explain that I did my part and sent out within 2 days of payment, but it took 5 more days for the P.O. to get to him (as could be seen by the tracking info), and his response was "It is what it is...I left all positive 5-star feedback, but it arrived in 7 days".

I don't know how to respond to this guy. On the one hand he seems satisfied; I know I'd be happy to get stuff from Ebay sellers within a week. But the fact of the matter is he states how long it took to get there; I just don't think he needs to be putting it in there, unless he means it in a 100% way. It almost seems to me like he's warning people that it will take 7 days to get your package...I'm sorry, but I cannot control how long the P.O. takes to get the package across the country. He got his card sent out within 2 days of payment, which is what I state in the auction.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't know how to take this customer. I don't know if I should put in some sort of rebuttal response or just leave it alone.

Personally, I wouldn't be too worked up about it. 7 days is acceptable regardless of HOW it happened to get there in that timeframe. The buyer is simply noting the delivery time which is pretty common from what I've seen.

This is pretty common feedback:
Item Arrived In "X" Days in "X" Condition

I wouldnt worry about it either... when I look at feedback, I look for 2 things... high positive percentage, and then I look ONLY at the negatives and neutrals.

I'd post a response to the feedback, i.e. "USPS tracking indicates a 5-day trip to Idaho - Sorry, I can't control that!" or something along those lines, otherwise it appears you didn't ship in a timely fashion. That's just me; I'd be sensitive to his feedback as well!

so let me ask a question.. what if i, with a feedback of 1600+ had left the comment? would it have made a difference?
Personally I think you are reading way too much into this

Your bidder is a whiner and wouldnt be satisfied unless you give
him free things or refunded the shipping due to it taking 7 days.
I wouldnt waste time arguing or speaking with him, facts are:
he got the package, left 5 stars all around. He's Satisfied but
wants some freebies. I wouldnt give him a ****.

If you rebuttal,keep it fact driven.

Example below would work best

"Item was shipped First Class Zone 3 03/22/2010 email me
at joedoesntlikewhiners.com for visual documentation."

no exclamation mark, that would just make you sound like a
difficult and rude seller.

I don't think you can worry about it. You did your part and the PO just took longer which it seems they are doing now. Normally something sent almost across the US takes longer then the 5-7 days

I would leave it alone! Your got all 5's and if you sent another message to the buyer he could get very angry.....and it's not worth it. Best regards, David

I pulled the feedback:

Excellent,received item as described 7 days later-I will order again in future!

Do not do a thing. There is no way I see that as a negative unless he stated he paid for some sort of expidited shipping, for all you know people will think it's an international buyer and 7 days is fast!

I pulled the feedback:

Excellent,received item as described 7 days later-I will order again in future!

Do not do a thing. There is no way I see that as a negative unless he stated he paid for some sort of expidited shipping, for all you know people will think it's an international buyer and 7 days is fast!

and He's even saying....will order again in the future!! I would have lefted this one alone. Good customers are hard to find!

thanks for all the feedback guys...I will most likely leave it alone...I do make it very clear in my auctions that I send out in 2 days upon payment, and I have made good on that 99.7% of the time, so I feel I've done my part.

John

I'd leave it alone. I can't believe they left you all 5's ! I ship same day or next and my shipping time star has never gone above 4.9. I state s/h charge in every auction and my shipping charge star has never been over 4.8. I even had a guy leave me a 1 for shipping charge because I charged $2.50 and actual postage was $1.58. It's unbelievable, and sad, the way ebay has made everything so adversarial.

If I were reading your feedback and saw that he got it in 7 days I would be happy. I won an item recently, and 12 count 'em 12 days later I got an email saying the item has been shipped.

so let me ask a question.. what if i, with a feedback of 1600+ had left the comment? would it have made a difference?
Personally I think you are reading way too much into this
x2

He is just stating a matter of fact - I looked at his comment and read it as positive (In fact that is how he leaves feedback to all his recent purchases).

My latest purchase on ebay has now been 10 days ago and I still have
not received it. I would have loved to have got a package from you
in 7 days. This is from a seller with 100 % feedback.

Coming from a service industry background, I always have been under the philosophy of "the sooner the better". I guess I should have looked at his feedback for other people for the consistency. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way.

John