eBay Mystery Packs/Boxes

Steelers8873

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone here on the Bench has ever purchased any of these before. I have watched a lot of videos on YouTube of people opening them some I see are well worth what you pay while others are the exact opposite .
I'm thinking about purchasing these on a regular basis if I can find a good/reputable seller so was hoping that maybe someone here could point me in the right direction all feedback is welcome. Thanks

rotorob

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I haven't bought any from ebay, I have done a repacks at shows, never the grand prize, but don't feel like I do with most boxes nowadays, "This is all I got????". Sorry couldn't help for a reputable seller.

Steelers8873

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Thanks for sharing. I have only seen them on eBay i don't get to go to card shows but if I did I'm definitely the guy that would buy a couple anyway just to give them a shot.

Rabs

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
My advice would be to stay away from them. You lose more than you win. Keep in mind they have probably been weighed.

Dashcol

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have never tried any from eBay, but have done some from LCSs and card shows. Those are a bit more reputable, as the LCS owner has a bit more to lose if he were to rip someone off.

Be careful with what you see from these on YouTube. Many of these are staged. Specifically, the biggest YouTuber with the new or casual collectors gets all of his “mystery” boxes sent to him for free for him to “review” them. It is all a scam, he gets loaded ones, people then rush to buy out the seller of all their other ones while both the YouTuber and eBayer laugh to the bank. No way to catch them either as the 200 people who bought the mystery packs can’t talk to each other and see if anyone got the big hits.

To each their own though, just be careful. I am sure there are some sellers who are on the up and up on eBay, but I imagine few and far between.

You can always ask here too if someone can make you a mystery pack, and I guarantee the pack you would receive from a member here at the same price point would be way better in content.