eBay Mystery Packs/Boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steelers8873

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone here on the Bench has ever purchased any of these before. I have watched a lot of videos on YouTube of people opening them some I see are well worth what you pay while others are the exact opposite .
I'm thinking about purchasing these on a regular basis if I can find a good/reputable seller so was hoping that maybe someone here could point me in the right direction all feedback is welcome. Thanks

I haven't bought any from ebay, I have done a repacks at shows, never the grand prize, but don't feel like I do with most boxes nowadays, "This is all I got????". Sorry couldn't help for a reputable seller.

Thanks for sharing. I have only seen them on eBay i don't get to go to card shows but if I did I'm definitely the guy that would buy a couple anyway just to give them a shot.

My advice would be to stay away from them. You lose more than you win. Keep in mind they have probably been weighed.

I have never tried any from eBay, but have done some from LCSs and card shows. Those are a bit more reputable, as the LCS owner has a bit more to lose if he were to rip someone off.

Be careful with what you see from these on YouTube. Many of these are staged. Specifically, the biggest YouTuber with the new or casual collectors gets all of his “mystery” boxes sent to him for free for him to “review” them. It is all a scam, he gets loaded ones, people then rush to buy out the seller of all their other ones while both the YouTuber and eBayer laugh to the bank. No way to catch them either as the 200 people who bought the mystery packs can’t talk to each other and see if anyone got the big hits.

To each their own though, just be careful. I am sure there are some sellers who are on the up and up on eBay, but I imagine few and far between.

You can always ask here too if someone can make you a mystery pack, and I guarantee the pack you would receive from a member here at the same price point would be way better in content.

Hi
Good place to start with Mystery packs or boxes is Mondays on YouTube, search Jabs Family. Every Monday he breaks Mystery, I guess you could say "Demos," that people send to him to advertise Mystery boxes they're selling on eBay or other sites. They include a description of what to expect in the box, what the chase cards are and the eBay number.
Bob
P.S.
What do you look for in a mystery box or pack?
Thinking about doing some myself.

I purchased one awhile back for $25 and $5 shipping. Got two autos that had a total bv combines of about $12-$15.

Hi
Good place to start with Mystery packs or boxes is Mondays on YouTube, search Jabs Family. Every Monday he breaks Mystery, I guess you could say "Demos," that people send to him to advertise Mystery boxes they're selling on eBay or other sites. They include a description of what to expect in the box, what the chase cards are and the eBay number.
Bob
P.S.
What do you look for in a mystery box or pack?
Thinking about doing some myself.

I watch Jabs Family's Mystery Pack Mondays sometimes and, just like a lot of the people in the comments, I feel that a bunch of the mystery-pack sellers send Jabs a juiced pack which is way way better than what the average collector would receive. So, caveat emptor!

Scobes

Well, it easy and safe, if you watch something on Eric's channel on Monday and like the items he gets in a break. If the seller has a feedback of 95-100 with over a 100 reviews, they're most likely safe to try.

I am thinking of trying to a mystery box and trying to get rid of a bunch of inventory. Thinking of each box having 2 autos, 2 relics, 5 HOFs with at least 1 being an insert, 5 rookies and at least 1 being an insert, 5 serial numbered cards with at least 1 less than #/50, 1 Pre 1980 card, and the rest being various stars, semi-stars and commons. Hopefully keeping the weight under 8 ounces, with buyer paying the shipping.
Just wondering, compared to what others have offered on eBay, what you think would either be a good buy it now price and/or a good spot to start and auction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob

Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone here on the Bench has ever purchased any of these before. I have watched a lot of videos on YouTube of people opening them some I see are well worth what you pay while others are the exact opposite .
I'm thinking about purchasing these on a regular basis if I can find a good/reputable seller so was hoping that maybe someone here could point me in the right direction all feedback is welcome. Thanks
I will speak against Jabs Family which was endorsed by another member. Having dealt directly with the main guy, I can say he can not be trusted. He puts up a good front, but in the end he's laughing his way to the bank as well. Let's face it, the money part of this hobby attracts those who are good at scamming. I was glad when things tanked in the 1990s, because those types moved on to other things. Now they are back.
On the positive side, I have gotten to know a couple dealers who make and sell Mystery Packs, and their customers seem very pleased with the contents of them. It is always the dollar value that's pleasing either; it is sometimes the specific cards that are in the pack. If you like, I could ask them to tailor the pack contents to your wants (Teams, Players, Positions, Sets, etc.).