eBay problem I need help with

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Last week I listed some auctions using one of my older templates. The template that I used contained my old email address for accepting Paypal payments and I didn't realize this until the auctions were over and there was no way I could change it. Out of the 7 I listed I've heard back from 4 of them and they cancelled their original payments and re-sent to my current address. Two of them have already sent payments to my old email address and after contacting them through email twice I have yet to hear back from them or see any action taken on their part. I've looked all over ebay and can't seem to find a customer service email address,just a bunch of beating around the bush stuff as far as I'm concerned.
I did mess up and it's a simple mistake but it's nothing that can't be corrected without me getting in trouble. Any chance someone can give me advice or give me a sure-fire way to contact eBay on this matter before something happens that may get me in trouble? Ebay has a strange way of dealing with things like this and I kinda wanna beat the bidders to the punch so as not to ruin my reputation there.

Thanks,
Brett

I dealt with this last year some time and there is nothing eBay could do for me, then.

I assume you no longer have access to the old e-mail address? If you do, I would just add it to your account with Paypal, and change your e-mail on your template for future auctions.

What were the results of the buyers who were slow or never replied to you? Did they file a complaint against you or did things end on a good note? My current address is attached to both my eBay and Paypal accounts and my old email address no longer exists since I don't use that internet service anymore. I feel I have a strong case in case anything happens but eBay works in mysterious ways lol.

Brett,
Here's a phone # I used to contact Ebay when I needed to talk with someone.
1-866-934-9647

One thing you can do is get their contact info from ebay and make a couple phone calls.

You say they paid using the old address.......Did the money go into your paypal account ? If it did then there's no problem, just send them their cards. If it didn't, how would you know they paid ?

One thing you can do is get their contact info from ebay and make a couple phone calls.

You say they paid using the old address.......Did the money go into your paypal account ? If it did then there's no problem, just send them their cards. If it didn't, how would you know they paid ?

When you log in to your account an look at your items sold, there will be a "transparent" dollar sign for unpaid items but the dollar sign turns blue if they pay. You can also hover over the dollar sign and it will say "Paid with Paypal (and the date)."

When you log in to your account an look at your items sold, there will be a "transparent" dollar sign for unpaid items but the dollar sign turns blue if they pay. You can also hover over the dollar sign and it will say "Paid with Paypal (and the date)."

Right, that means the money is in your paypal account. If it wasn't I don't believe ebay would mark the item as paid.

Maybe I'm ignorant as to how something works here, but I just don't see what the issue/problem is. When I pay for something I won on ebay I don't know, or care, what paypal addy is used. It doesn't matter what Brett says in the description. When the buyer clicks the "pay now" button and selects paypal as the payment type ebay does all the work and directs the money to the proper account.

Right, that means the money is in your paypal account. If it wasn't I don't believe ebay would mark the item as paid.

Maybe I'm ignorant as to how something works here, but I just don't see what the issue/problem is. When I pay for something I won on ebay I don't know, or care, what paypal addy is used. It doesn't matter what Brett says in the description. When the buyer clicks the "pay now" button and selects paypal as the payment type ebay does all the work and directs the money to the proper account.

If you manually create each listing, eBay gives you the option to input which Paypal account the payment will go to. If this is wrong, the money could go to the wrong address and the seller may not get the money:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wm6sYMSZ24D1Im2xnAglEg?feat=directlink

On mine instead of the blue dollar sign it has an hourglass icon. I've read all that's been said and sandman knows where I'm coming from and that link he has in his last post is where I screwed up and had the wrong address. Luckily I've gotten one more who has paid and another who's communicating with me so that just leaves one more I have yet to deal with.

I've thought about calling the bidders directly but don't wanna intrude on them because it's not really an issue yet. I've been fortunate so far that the bidders are working with me so I'll just see what happens.

Thanks for the input fellers,
Brett