eBay/USPS Ready to Offer .75 Trackable Shipping Option for Raw Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sounds good. What do you mean by raw cards? Thanks. Dave

no graded cards which would be pretty obvious since the new option would have a maximum overall thickness of just 1/4 inch... the article notes that it would be for a maximum of 2 cards in top loaders or 4 cards without top loaders and the weight limit would be 3 ounces...

What do you do at the PO? Just tell them that you have raw cards? Thanks. Dave

Does this replace a package? Or does it replace a flat?

What do you do at the PO? Just tell them that you have raw cards? Thanks. Dave

Does this replace a package? Or does it replace a flat?
also according to the article this would be for items sold on ebay and whose postage is printed at home using ebay shipping - basically the same as printing a pay pal label - for shipment in a pwe...so if this does actually come to pass as described , it is really just a pwe with tracking

Still, I wonder if this option will, somehow, be available to us at the post office, or if we can use PayPal shipping to print these labels too.

To the best of my understanding is this is an Ebay exclusive shipping option. Meaning the local P.O. knows nothing about / has nothing to do with. It is a label you would print off Ebay from a qualifying sale and the tracking is provided by Ebay and not the USPS (I believe they are not even able to scan the labels). Thus I would assume we will not have this option using Paypal shipping to send trades and what not.

Yes - only through eBay. I heard the tracking was through a third party - not sure how that works.

This should replace PWE for low cost sales on eBay - definitely will help clear out some of my COMC back log if I have time to list on eBay. I have boxes and boxes of pre-2020 stuff that is waiting for basic service to return there.

So has anybody else been using this and are having several issues like I am??

*Mailed approx. 20 cards same day / same time. Half have updated tracking info and have been dlvd. The other half? All it says is "Label Created".

*Talked to Ebay CS today and they are basically as clueless on this as the local PO is. They say it is a USPS issue with the ones that only say "Label Created". USPS isn't even able to scan these when you drop them off. Scanning occurs @ a sorting facility best I can tell. And being it's an Ebay shipping method are they not responsible for the tracking?

*I had been using the 3 oz. option because it was what was saved as my shipping preference (I assume from all the bubble mailers sent before). Then I realized that a single card in a PWE is under 1 oz. so I printed off a couple of those labels today. When I dropped them off @ the PO she tells me they can not accept it this way and basically guaranteed it would be damaged by the machine. Am I not paying for the same shipping service just a different rate due to weight?

I was really looking forward to this. Now I am not so sure. If I end up having to refund them because they never made it there that's going to be a pain. Other sellers have reported the cards made it there based on positive feedback received but tracking only shows as "Label Created". Wait until certain buyers realize this! They will all claim not to have received the card even though they did. Free stuff for them. :mad:

Post office says they know nothing, and that ebay is who you take up any problems with. I spoke with the post master and the clerks at my local facility and they have zero idea. I said I send my stuff non-machinable normally, and they said, no, these will go through machines. I said ebay says up to 3 top loaders per envelope, or up to 15 cards. They said it is too rigid and will get torn up in the machines. They say ebay should not be saying that, because with even a top loader it can get jammed in the machine and it will not be the post offices fault. So I spoke to them about adding the NON-MACHINABLE surcharge to my stuff to avoid machines.....and they informed me I could do that. So now I am paying $0.51 through ebay and then adding a $0.21 NON-MACHINABLE surcharge stamp. But at least I am getting tracking, when it works. But like you said, about half of mine are actually showing anything beyond a first scan.

I can see if it gets to be a really good service, people listing things on ebay for $0.01 and having the other party purchase it, so they can get tracking for their cheaper trades. But as of now, seems like a lot of kinks in the system yet, as one party says the other party doesn't know how it works, lol.

I got the official notice from Ebay last week, that the program is available. I haven't sold a card in 6 months, but they conssider me a seller. When I do get back to seller mode, this will come in handy. It's interesting that eBay no longer sends sales proceeds through Paypal, and now they are stealing their shipping. The two have really broken ties.

Why is that? Sellers can get rid of their cheaper cards and are not required to use it unless they choose to

I choose to use it and have used it a lot. My point is it's not all it's cracked up to be. As a seller you are covered with the tracking being provided (which is the intent) .... yet I'm at under 50% now that have any tracking involved at all. The rest of them only say "Label Created". So now I am on the hook for any of those cards that are not received by the buyers or perhaps they were received and the buyer looks as it as a chance to get a free card or two (there's plenty of them out there who would). Or, somewhere along the way, since Ebay and USPS are completely not in sync on this I am also on the hook for anything w/o tracking that gets lost in the shuffle.

I choose to use it and have used it a lot. My point is it's not all it's cracked up to be. As a seller you are covered with the tracking being provided (which is the intent) .... yet I'm at under 50% now that have any tracking involved at all. The rest of them only say "Label Created". So now I am on the hook for any of those cards that are not received by the buyers or perhaps they were received and the buyer looks as it as a chance to get a free card or two (there's plenty of them out there who would). Or, somewhere along the way, since Ebay and USPS are completely not in sync on this I am also on the hook for anything w/o tracking that gets lost in the shuffle.
OK- now i get it