Edges too clean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pootshwan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
What are your initial thoughts when you see OPC with edges like this?

1979 OPC Wayne Gretzky PSA 7.5

Do you own any copies of this card with similar edges?

I won't answer your question with a question.
1.) It has been graded.
2.) The grading does NOT say it is altered.
I would rely on the grading company's examination and analysis to determine if it was altered.
That being said, I do not know why this did not grade higher!
Frank

I won't answer your question with a question.
1.) It has been graded.
2.) The grading does NOT say it is altered.
I would rely on the grading company's examination and analysis to determine if it was altered.
That being said, I do not know why this did not grade higher!
Frank
I see a lot of "professionally graded" cards that I cannot understand why they are not graded higher........or often lower. I think the whole grading thing is questionable at best and a scam at worst.

I think the question on edges has to do with O-***-Chee's notorious poor cutting (as well as their poory centered cards). It seems that many were not cut cleanly through leaving little, hair like fuzzies along the edges of the card. Oddly enough the presence of fuzzy edges (particularly on the right side) is a good sign that a 1986-87 Fleer Jordan RC is real, believe it or not,

I'm not sur you could see those little fuzzies once the card is slabbed so the edges may not be as clean s they appear on that Gretzky RC.