Ending An Auction Early Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
**I DECIDED AGAINST IT. THE MIRROR BLUE I HAD SOLD ABOVE BV & THIS SHOULD ALSO**

I can't think of once in all my time selling on Ebay that I've ever ended an auction early. I've had it done to me before and it made me pretty mad to be honest. I had an offer last week of $20 for a card and turned it down for that simple reason. The card sold for $5.50.

I just got an offer of full book on the card below. Should I take it? They are very rare and hard to find cards. I know in the end, it's my decision but I'm on the fence right now and you know sitting on a fence hurts. Someone push me off one way or the other.

Thanks
Craig

-Andre Dawson 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold SP/30 $80.00

!BzBWOs!CGk~$(KGrHqMOKjkE)N1p4lc5BMUJzdCUBw~~_12.jpg

Last edited:
It likely won't sell for full book on ebay, but then again you never know. If they are that hard to find, maybe a bidding war ensues and you top full book. It has happened before.

I think I bid on that, so you'd have to cancel my bid! I ain't going to $80 though, so cancel away if you decide to take the offer!

I think you made the right choice. Personally, I will never cancel an auction if there are bids on it already. I just don't think it is fair to those who have already placed bids. I've had it go both ways for me over the years, but most of the time the auction ends up closing for more than the offer. Good luck!

mrmopar - One thing I have learned with Ebay is, you never know! The Mirror Blue sold above book so I'm hoping this one will as well.

theplasticman - PM sent.

jdshuskers - I hope you are correct! Throw in a bid just incase!

Thanks
Craig

I would let the auction run its course. If its rare then it should attract bidders. Good luck to what ever you decide! Best regards, David

I can see both sides of it, personally. As long as no shill bidding, etc. goes on in the auction - I think it is the seller's right to get whatever they deem fair (or absurd:)). I have ended an auction before and saw the same card sell for half of what I received just a week later. There was also another time that a man offered $28 for a Nolan Ryan GU that I had. I told him to pay me and I would then end the auction. Never heard back from him, and the auction ended at over $75!:eek:

With one of those rare 90's inserts - you are certainly gambling by taking the offer, and you are gambling by letting the auction run its course. Good luck, Craig, and I hope you squeeze every dime out of it!:)

Tim

PS: One other option is to end it and relist it with a $120 BIN or Best Offer.

I can see both sides of it, personally. As long as no shill bidding, etc. goes on in the auction - I think it is the seller's right to get whatever they deem fair (or absurd:)). I have ended an auction before and saw the same card sell for half of what I received just a week later. There was also another time that a man offered $28 for a Nolan Ryan GU that I had. I told him to pay me and I would then end the auction. Never heard back from him, and the auction ended at over $75!:eek:

With one of those rare 90's inserts - you are certainly gambling by taking the offer, and you are gambling by letting the auction run its course. Good luck, Craig, and I hope you squeeze every dime out of it!:)

Tim

PS: One other option is to end it and relist it with a $120 BIN or Best Offer.

Agree 100%

I've been burned both ways (accepting an offer or not) BUT I've also made out like a bandit, both offering and accepting offers. It all depends on your comfort level. Do you like to gamble or take a sure thing ?

David K. - Thanks!

jrchoholic83 - Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Tim Carroll - Thanks Tim! I'm squeezin'

mintman2 - I'm going to roll the dice!

Thanks
Craig

If I had to bet one way or another, I'd say it goes over $80. Bv is so outdated I find it absurd that it is still used.

Anthony

If I had to bet one way or another, I'd say it goes over $80. Bv is so outdated I find it absurd that it is still used.

Anthony

Thats what I'm hoping for. I've been contacted 4 times now about selling it off Ebay. 3 actually made offers of full book. The other just asked.

Thanks
Craig

Assuming those three are willing to bid up to full book, likely more, I'd guess you are going to do much better. Any offer I make is my best hope price. I may or may not be willing to go higher, but my offer is the price I like the best. Most people are probably willing to go higher than an initial offer though. I just don't see most tossing out final offers on the front end.

It really makes me wonder why high book is the ceiling on those offers though. Maybe they feel that with most items selling for under book, a full book offer looks more attractive now and that they shouldn't need to offer more in their minds?

Hope you make a killing on it.

I know that is one card I would go above BV to get if one of bagwell was sold. I've never seen one actually for sale on ebay though.

Dan

Thanks! I've gotten a couple PM's that make me feel better about turning down the full book offers. Now, I just hope they meant what they said!

Thanks
Craig