Even need a other traders advise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bombie1138

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey all,
I just had a offer about a card trade and as I'm pacing around the room thinking about the offer I really wish I had someone else's opinion on it.
Does anyone here have a friend that gives out great card advise? I've never sought advise from anyone and was wondering if the results turned out positive for you?I noticed also that there are not a lot of post asking for trade opinions on trades,.

Clint

IF you are happy with the trade & the other trader is happy, then no reason not to do the trade

People ask that question all the time. Post the trade offer and you'll get plenty of opinions and usually the reasoning behind those opinions.

I agree with mlbme22.

Hey all,
I just had a offer about a card trade and as I'm pacing around the room thinking about the offer I really wish I had someone else's opinion on it.
Does anyone here have a friend that gives out great card advise? I've never sought advise from anyone and was wondering if the results turned out positive for you?I noticed also that there are not a lot of post asking for trade opinions on trades,.

Clint

That's because there isn't a lot of advice to be given beyond the "if you're both happy, go ahead". Without knowing specifics, it's tough to offer much. Most people seem to hesitate most based on the 'what if's?' What if this card I'm trading away explodes in value later? what if this card I'm trading for tanks later? Realistically, there isn't much either side can do. Nobody has a crystal ball and knows for certain what will happen. Odds are if rookies of young players are involved, one party will probably come out ahead at some point if book values are even now. *looks back at his 1999 Beckett* okay, 1997 Bowman Chrome international refractors of Roy Halladay and Jose Cruz Jr both booked for $60 then. Today, the Halladay sold for a best offer of $150.29, and the Cruz is still available for a $4.75 Buy it Now. At the time, it was a fair trade. If older stars are involved for younger stars, the more established stars have less downside, but also less upside. A Derek Jeter SP rookie isn't going to shoot to mid 3 figures barring a run at .400/the season hits record, but if he hits .230 it won't drop to $5 either. You can't worry too much about what MIGHT happen, you'll drive yourself to the madhouse.

There are a lot of people that have been trading for many years. There is a wealth of experience on the bench which we could all use as a welcome resource for everyone.

Most times, If I need a second opinion on a trade or have to think much about it, it's not a trade I really want to make.
Scott

I keep falling back on the old proverb:
"If you don't know what to do,don't do anything"
but I will admit having other opinions can be a benefit.Some traders like keeping things private and I respect that a lot.I guess taking a chance can be part of the fun and if you take out the dollar value it takes out all risk too,..