NEED HELP WITH THIS CLEMENTE AUTO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nomahlovesyah

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey All! My friend asked for help with this Clemente auto. He was given it as a gift by a wealthy collector who was about to pass away and wanted him to have it. It looks like live ink to me and looks legit but I can’t find any other examples where Clemente wrote “best wishes” or anything like that. I don’t think my friend wants to send it away and apparently the quick authentication service from BAS is not very accurate. What do you all think of this auto and what would you advise he do? He’s elderly and sending it to PSA or BAS would probably be overwhelming for him (I did think to possibly wait for a PSA show in Phoenix and have him go to that). Thanks For the help!

IMG_1435.jpeg

Hi friend, I can’t say it is or not but I have a friend here in Puerto Rico and he is the bigger collector on Clemente and I never sow a card that he Wrote Bob Clemente, he say that Clemente never like to be Call Bob.. sow you have to be sure on this ..

Hi friend, I can’t say it is or not but I have a friend here in Puerto Rico and he is the bigger collector on Clemente and I never sow a card that he Wrote Bob Clemente, he say that Clemente never like to be Call Bob.. sow you have to be sure on this ..
thanks Emilio!

My gut feeling is that it's not right. Mainly for what Emilio said. Roberto disliked being called Bob, that just wasn't his name. Secondly, his signature was more elegant than that, it was elongated, this auto is stilted and forced looking. I belong to an auto site which has a thread for members to post up autos that are suspect for others to weigh in on. I could post this on there and get feedback if you like... ~Rooster.

Hey Rooster, I’d love that!

I did Beckett quick authentication and they said “unlikely to pass.”

That said if you look closely it does say “Roberto…” and it looks consistent to me but I think it’s probably not real.

Nomahlovesyah - I picked this up in a lot back in 2014. I've sent it to PSA/DNA a couple of times. It came back "Questionable Authenticity" each time. I'm sure I'll try again at some point.

Hope your friends turns out to be good!

Thanks
Craig

Roberto Clemente 1967 Topps

53156002903_23d2f4f4aa_o.jpg
53155934475_5eb6df089e_o.jpg