WTS Fathers Day Weekend Special! $25 Tom Seaver, Pete Rose, more! Set of 5 custom autograph cards from the Big Red Machine!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So, at the card show this past weekend, I picked up a single piece of hotel stationery which had to have been signed in 1977, as that was the only season that all these members of the Big Red Machine were on the roster together! I saw the potential, so picked up the sheet. I made these cards:

Tom Terrific!
20210615_192137.jpg

Ken Griffey, Sr.
20210615_191920.jpg

Ed Armbrister SOLD!!
20210615_191753.jpg

George Foster (best 'burns in baseball!)
20210615_191547~2.jpg

Dan Driessen:
20210615_173137.jpg

And, the one and only Charlie Hustle! Have wanted to use this image in a custom for a LOOONG time!
20210615_173158.jpg

Would love to get $25 dlvd for the set of 5, will sell individually as well....will take any reasonable offer!

Thanks and God bless,

Kevin

Last edited:
...way to seize the moment, Kevin, those are awesome and the coupling of those players-- all tough signers to be sure, especially with Tom Terrific now gone. Lovely, just lovely...

I assume you went to the St. Louis Sports Collectors show. How was it? My son had a baseball tournament so we missed out, may try to hit up the next one. Were there many dime or quarter boxes?

...way to seize the moment, Kevin, those are awesome and the coupling of those players-- all tough signers to be sure, especially with Tom Terrific now gone. Lovely, just lovely...
Thank you so much Rooster, I sure do appreciate your kind words. I am really happy with how these came out. Gotta say, was sure excited seeing Pete's name first, and then to see the others, well, that was a thrill!
I assume you went to the St. Louis Sports Collectors show. How was it? My son had a baseball tournament so we missed out, may try to hit up the next one. Were there many dime or quarter boxes?
Yes, it was that very same show, and I really enjoyed it! The Orlando Gardens banquet hall setting was a really nice place, and I felt like the prices on many items were fair. Of course, the new card prices were outrageous, but that was not what I was looking for! One guy did have a Fredbird figure for $125, which I thought was absurd, considering hiring Tim Faulkner (the ACTUAL Fredbird) costs just slightly more!!).

There were several large quarter boxes, I did not go through many, since I was not particularly looking for single cards. All in all, there were a lot of vendors who I felt like were definitely interested in selling their items, which is good! That's why we were there!!

The next show is Sunday July 11th, I may try to hit that one up too!

Blessings,

Kevin

Thanks for the input. We were able to attend a small 30 table show this weekend in between games. Spent a total of $7. It was only a 30 minute drive, but doubt if I will go back. Lots of vintage and overpriced blasters. I will never pay $35 for a Topps Series 2 blaster.

Thanks for the input. We were able to attend a small 30 table show this weekend in between games. Spent a total of $7. It was only a 30 minute drive, but doubt if I will go back. Lots of vintage and overpriced blasters. I will never pay $35 for a Topps Series 2 blaster.
Yes, some of the prices have just gone insane! I would go back here, i really liked the atmosphere....not terribly far from home too!

Blessings,

Kevin

PS: these are still available, Benchies!!

We have been there quite a few times in the past. It does have a good layout and plenty of space. It is about a 2.5 hour drive for us, but I will gladly make it once baseball season is over. The show this Saturday in Machinist Hall is a good one also.

We have been there quite a few times in the past. It does have a good layout and plenty of space. It is about a 2.5 hour drive for us, but I will gladly make it once baseball season is over. The show this Saturday in Machinist Hall is a good one also.
I have heard that the Machinist Hall show is good....how far is that for you? The STL Sports Collectors was about 55 minutes for me.

New price for Fathers Day! $25 dlvd for the set of 5, cash, paypal, whatever!

We got one of these sold, still have 5 to go.....will sell individual cards as well!

Blessings,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.