First Cut Sig Set from 1943 (Betty Grable added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsucolonel

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Well not sure if this is the first cut sig but sure looks like it could be. Well pretty much everyone know I collect HOF and Brooklyn Autos. My other love is Star Wars and vintage Movie memorbilia. I also love the 1940's WW2 era. I have been collecting medals, weapons and uniforms. Well about 7 years ago i came across some index cards signed by female actresses from the war years. Each index had a seal with the words Naval Aid Auxiliary on it with a red strip at the top and a blue strip at the bottom. So I thought they were from the Cantina's the soldiers would go to with the movie stars serving you. But actually the Naval Aid Auxiliary eventually came up with the idea of selling the autographs of these stars to a ready public, as a fund raiser. In 1944 the NAA had signed up almost 200 celebrities who had already dedicated hundreds of hours working in the stations but were still willing to pen their autographs on specially prepared signature cards that the NAA provided. This promotion was advertised and a full list of available signers was sent out to anyone who ordered from the ad. Imagine being able to get the autograph of your favorite movie idol for just 25 cents, yet that's all it cost. Autographs of Ingrid Bergman, Claudette Colbert, Gary Cooper, Bette Davis, Betty Grable, Cary Grant, Rita Hayworth, Harry James, Gene Kelly, Alan Ladd, Hedy Lamarr, Ginger Rogers, Frank Sinatra, Shirley Temple—for just two-bits apiece??? Could you have been able to resist?

Well here are a few I own:
HedyLamar-vi.jpg

Hedy Lamar

JinxFalenBourg-vi.jpg
Jinx

JoanLeslie-vi.jpg
Joan Leslie

MarilynMaxwell-vi.jpg
Marilyn Maxwell

scan00502-vi.jpg
Ginny Simms

Autos015-vi.jpg
Betty Grable

I also have a Betty Grable which is in the process of being framed. I will post pics of it when Im done.

** My father also said that I have a Linda Darnell. The search is on for it ***

So what do yall think about this set set from the 1940? For 25 cents you got an autograph.

Enjoy

Jason

Last edited:
I am a film buff and of the autos you you have Jinx Falkenburg was by far the best looking of group. She may not have been the biggest star but she could light up the screen with just her looks.