First Sunday of Advent Contest!! Winner is Symphonic Metal!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Numbers taken: 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 21, 23, 28, 33, 35, 44, 46, 52

Love the Hondo reference! I dont recall any out of the ordinary nicknames that any Bulls players had on those early 90s teams. Of course MJ had a ton of nicknames, and then later in the 90s, Rodman was the Worm, and Robert Parish was the Chief....anyone recall any nicknames of the Bulls?

It took me a few minutes but I have one. Tony Kukoc was known as the Croatian Sensation.

It took me a few minutes but I have one. Tony Kukoc was known as the Croatian Sensation.

Jeff, I had forgotten that one! Good memory!

I had to go back and look at some old articles, and recalled that Jordan and Pippen were called the Dobermans on defense, by the great Johnny 'Red' Kerr, the Bulls' play by play announcer for years. Of course, BJ Armstrong was The Kid, since he was so young looking....still is, though he is over 50 now!

Basketballreference.com has nicknames under each individual players page....I didn't remember many of them, even though I watched every game with my Grandparents!

I'll go with #5.

Speaking of nicknames, I ran into my Jr. High basketball coach for the first time in forever and I told him that he was correct that I was not the second coming of "The Big E" Elvin Hayes which I very much wanted to be. He would always yell at me for shooting a fade away jumper like The Big E did except mine rarely went in! LOL

It was either that or George "Iceman" Gervin's finger roll for young me.

Thanks for the contest!

Numbers taken: 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 21, 23, 28, 31, 33, 35, 44, 46, 52, 57, 59, 63

Elvin and George are both legends, along with Dr. J, probably the best of the 70s, aside from Kareem! Elvin played in the ABA for awhile, didn't he?

Numbers taken: 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 21, 23, 28, 31, 33, 35, 44, 46, 52, 57, 59, 63

Elvin and George are both legends, along with Dr. J, probably the best of the 70s, aside from Kareem! Elvin played in the ABA for awhile, didn't he?

Elvin only played in the NBA, whereas Gervin played in the ABA and then the NBA after the merger. I was a huge ABA fan and also loved the Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets in the NBA. I might be the only person on Earth who was sad the see the NBA and ABA merge as well as the NFL and AFL merge. As much as I liked the NFL and NBA, I just LOVED the AFL and ABA as a kid. I guess I was taken in by the flashiness of both leagues making me a Millennial before there were actually any Millennials! LOL

Elvin only played in the NBA, whereas Gervin played in the ABA and then the NBA after the merger. I was a huge ABA fan and also loved the Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets in the NBA. I might be the only person on Earth who was sad the see the NBA and ABA merge as well as the NFL and AFL merge. As much as I liked the NFL and NBA, I just LOVED the AFL and ABA as a kid. I guess I was taken in by the flashiness of both leagues making me a Millennial before there were actually any Millennials! LOL

Have to assume the manufacturers of red, white & blue basketballs were very sad about the merger as well....

Will go with #1 for today.