For those who are set and player collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthewbritton

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I primarily like put together sets, but lately I've been searching out cards of my childhood hero Ryne Sandberg. Now for those of you who do both, do you try to get doubles of the player cards you have in sets? Or, do you pull them out of your sets and leave the gaps? For some reason, I feel like I need to get doubles to make it proper. What do you all do?

If I build a set and collect a player or team from that set. The team\player collection bets the best copy of that card (if the set is vintage) and I need a duplicate for the set.

When I did collect sets, I got two copies of each card. Proves to be difficult for sp's, and my player collection always got the first copy since they have always been priority.

When I did collect sets, I got two copies of each card. Proves to be difficult for sp's, and my player collection always got the first copy since they have always been priority.

Yeah the SP's are really what spurred on this thought. It seems like the consensus is that most do two cards.

Thanks for the responses everybody.