Good-bye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scc76

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Yesterday I was told by a trader that has been on here for a long time that he was not here to make a trade with me that would make me happy but was on here for his own personal gratification. And then a new trader chimed in with I needed to get a life that this was just a hobby. So I have decided to move on from here.
I do want to thank all of the traders on here that did make trades with me over the years. And I will be back on a few times over the next few weeks because I do have a few trades pending. But otherwise good-bye.

Yesterday I was told by a trader that has been on here for a long time that he was not here to make a trade with me that would make me happy but was on here for his own personal gratification. And then a new trader chimed in with I needed to get a life that this was just a hobby. So I have decided to move on from here.
I do want to thank all of the traders on here that did make trades with me over the years. And I will be back on a few times over the next few weeks because I do have a few trades pending. But otherwise good-bye.

@scc76

I am seriously so upset to hear that, you have been a great member on here for many years, and you and I have always dealt well together. I am so sorry that you are moving on, and upset that two of our members acted like that. Hope all the best for you, and also hope our paths cross again in the future.

Blessings,

Kevin

I hope you reconsider. You have been one of the stellar collectors here. Maybe they are the ones who should be chased off.

Sorry to see your leaving us. It's a hobby that we all enjoy and u have always been a great member on this site. We'lll miss u and please drop by to visit us. Since the COVID most of us don't have much of life anyway! Take care my friend. Best wishes, David

I’m not sure why people are leaving this place, but it sounds like for all the wrong reasons.
I hope we can continue to trade, Stan.
You’ve been a great trader and contributor here. Because two people were the exact opposite of what we need on here doesn’t mean you should pack up and leave.

I hope you can reconsider. This is my second family, and to see long time members packing their bags really is upsetting.

Zach

I'd just tell the two traders in question to "buzz" off and keep on trading. Why let a couple of cyber blow hards ruin it for you?

If there are a lot of people leaving this site.........and I was not aware of this......two reasons come to mind. There is a certain mercenary aspect to a lot of posters here who are strictly here to sell and that is a bad look in several cases. The other reason is this site is very 2021/current card centric which makes it difficult for collectors who do not deal in the new, hot cards to find trading partners. I fall into the latter category. While I have not left the site, I have not traded in over a month party due to the concentration on new issues.

Anyways, I hope you change your mind and stay. Don't let a few bad members canel you out.

I agree with everything everyone else is saying here. We have an ignore feature you can use that will hide all content from folks you ignore. That's a much better option than leaving a site that you've been such a big part of for so long.

I know I'm new around here but I'm a member of pretty much all the forums and, in my opinion, this one has some of the best, most generous, members.

I wouldn't give up on this entire community because of a few bad experiences with a few members.

I know where you're coming from. I just joined a few weeks ago and already I was the subject of snarky comments from one of the very types you describe, whose only interest is selling new cards while they're still worth something. Those of us who enjoy the hobby side of collecting are not looking to make a fast buck. I for one joined in the hopes I might find some fellow hobbyists who have cards I don't and who would be interested in fair and equal trades for cards I am willing to part with. Best to you, chum.

Don't leave. Integrity is what the internet needs. If you leave and you are replaced by two losers, the quality of this forum just fell by 1503+ trades. Either ignore idiots or put them in their place, but don't destroy your gratification for their smart-*** mouths.

I've not traded with you but, I'd rather you be here than the other two.

Bill

Stan, we really haven't crossed paths, but I see your name frequently and you are a popular member of this site. I hope you stay. Best wishes. Dave

I agree with everything everyone else is saying here. We have an ignore feature you can use that will hide all content from folks you ignore. That's a much better option than leaving a site that you've been such a big part of for so long.

I know I'm new around here but I'm a member of pretty much all the forums and, in my opinion, this one has some of the best, most generous, members.

I wouldn't give up on this entire community because of a few bad experiences with a few members.

Very well said!

I think you should do what makes you happy. You and I have traded plenty of times. My feeling is that if you just give it a little time then I hope you return. There are some things going on in the hobby right now that are a little bad. But this will come to an end. Trust me. I have been collecting cards for a very long time. The rescent surge in popularity (and prices) will pass. I know I am not alone in thinking this way. I watched people buy up 1000's of 1987 Topps because they thought they were going to put their kids through college with that stuff. 1990 Score football was the same way. Just take a little break if you need to. Come back soon and believ me you will be able to get the cards you want for pennies on the dollar sooner rather than later. And most of the bad apples will have moved on to the next fad.

HI STAN
I KNOW WE HAVE MADE MANY TRADES AND HAVE ENJOY MAKING THEM WITH A WELL RESPECTED MEMBER TELL THOSE TWO IDIOTS GO SOMEPLACE LIKE HELL TAKE CARE MY FRIEND AND COME BACK SOON
LATER
TOM

Stanley,

I know how you feel. We have traded a number of times and I hope there will be many more to come.

Please try using that ignore button. It will make a huge difference in the way you won't have to see posts from those you have had a bad experience with.

I hope that you find happiness with the hobby, but come back to your trading home soon.

I believe we have traded as well, but it's been awhile. I will say this, these "investors" really are doing a disservice to the hobby. To me the greatest part of the hobby has been the memories that the cards create whether it's trading a Cal Ripken rookie, to a friend who has acquired the last card you need for your set (Andre Robertson) or pulling that 300 dollar autographed card ( Stan Musial or Cody Bellinger) or just hanging with friends talking about the players or the hobby. It sucks that it's near impossible to find retail packs anywhere, that prices are double on the secondary market. I love seeing that the Rickey Henderson rookie is 250, and some of those 80's rookies are finally getting their due, but it's never been about the money for me.
Don't let these fools who will be gone when the bubble burst, spoil your enjoyment of the hobby.

It is sad to see people that I have collaborated and traded with over a decade make the decision to leave or get out of the hobby do to some bad apples per say. Everyone has there own reasons as why to exit. However an alarming number of established members have made that decision this year.

Hopefully we see you back.

I wish you well!

You should have reported the incident to the mods that's considered harassment under the bench policy and especially coming from 2 established members --When all e;se fails the good ole ignore option works
I did report a PM and never heard anything back from anybody.

Just so you know Dragonslayer it wasn't yours

Status
Not open for further replies.