Good Lord...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Actually, those Elite cards are pretty nice. There are some autos in there also. Ryno for sure. They sell pretty well on ebay. Not sure what the odds are though. I do remember they were VERY tough to pull. The Nolan Ryan is one of the last cards of his that I need from the 90s.

* I was hoping that was Anchorage, Ky! I would have bought them for sure...

You'd probably consider yourself lucky to pull one elite out of 4 cases, let alone 4 boxes! Not sure what the odds were, but 10K of each card in a product so overproduced it's not funny.

I opened 4 boxes of '91 Donruss last summer and didn't see one -- I didn't think the Elites came about until later, but I was wrong.

Really? I think I still have a box of 91 Donruss sitting in my basement somewhere. I wonder if it might be ripping through, just in case I hit one of those Elites.

I have a couple of those elite cards somewhere, I think I will dig'em out and see if maybe I can send them for TTMs. I think maybe there are Larry Walker and Andy Van Slyke, best I can remember,

As far as I can gather, it seems the odds on pulling one were 1 in 5 CASES. Wow. That could be wrong, but sounds about right.

I went to a show earlier this year and was rummaging through the "bargain box" when I chanced upon a group of Rickey Henderson #'d cards. In the even that I'd be able to find something good, I bought a stack of 400 or so #'d cards that I picked out. When I got home and reviewed my pickups, I realized there were 3 of the 1991 Donruss Elite Rickey Hendersons...serial #/10,000. Those cards were indeed very tough to find in packs.

I went to a show earlier this year and was rummaging through the "bargain box" when I chanced upon a group of Rickey Henderson #'d cards. In the even that I'd be able to find something good, I bought a stack of 400 or so #'d cards that I picked out. When I got home and reviewed my pickups, I realized there were 3 of the 1991 Donruss Elite Rickey Hendersons...serial #/10,000. Those cards were indeed very tough to find in packs.

Are you interested in selling one of the Henderson's?

Maybe you pick them up and save them for some day when you dont have cash, but absolutely need to bust a box.