Got my Mystery Cut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaplain11

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
This beautifully low numbered (22/38) cut autograph of the late (2006) actress June Allyson is available to someone search for such a gem. I will add a scan later. Here is the wikipedia link as I had to look her up:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Allyson. These are the highlights:

June Allyson (October 7, 1917 – July 8, 2006) was an American film and television actress, popular in the 1940s and 1950s. She was a major MGM contract star. Allyson won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her performance in Too Young to Kiss (1951). From 1959–1961, she hosted and occasionally starred in her own CBS anthology series, The DuPont Show with June Allyson. A later generation knew her as a spokesperson for Depend undergarments.

Thanks for looking,
Dewayne

id be intrested in it. ill have to dig and see what i can muster up for ya. poss half cash/ half trade. let me know thanks

From what I understand these mystery cuts were supposed to have some really big hits but everything I've seen at best what people have been getting is "ok". Have you heard of anybody getting anything better than average or worse cards ?

Alan

Congrats!!!!!! There is nothing wrong with getting an actress from the Golden Era of Hollywood. I would be interested as well.

jason

Bert Bell and Red Barber were mentioned by another member. Both are what I would consider very nice cut autograph subjects. Neither has a commonly found autograph. Bell was especially nice given he died in 1959 and is a HOFer although personally I like the Barber as a huge Dodger fan!

no its pretty bad.....bv was 350.00 now they have 15 index cards up of her for buy it nows for 20.00 ....... so its a big drop. sell redmps!!! lol but let me know D ;)

I would agree with you in reality, but from a cut card perspective, you are wrong. I have often scoffed and high priced cuts of the likes of Billy Herman, Lloyd Waner, Hal Newhouser and other guys who's signatures are otherwise very reasonably priced in raw form. Sadly, or perhaps, gladly in some cases, being a cut automatically makes it "worth" more in this industry. I have always felt that cuts should be reserved for TOUGH autographs that are not commonly found in raw for for cheap!

no its pretty bad.....bv was 350.00 now they have 15 index cards up of her for buy it nows for 20.00 ....... so its a big drop. sell redmps!!! lol but let me know D ;)

My dad is somewhat interested in it. If he doesn't get it rest assured someone on here will have dibs. I will know tomorrow. There have been some okay pulls most notably the following:

1) John Lennon (1/1)
2) Brigham Young (1/1)
3) W.C. Fields (#/2)
4) Walt Chamberlain
5) Two Payton's on eBay now....

I have been following the UD post on Facebook for some time now. Most everyone have been posting their cuts as well. I have seen one buddy Ebsen, three Lucille Balls (#/2), a couple Sammy Davis, Jr (#/91), Charlton Heston 16/17), Bettie Page (2/2) and a few others that are decent. Most have been on the low-end side but what can you do?

Thanks,
Dewayne

Not in the market for the card but just wanted to say I watched "The Stratton Story" a few weeks ago. It's a decent baseball movie for those who have not seen it and it's based on the true story of Monty Stratton.

Here is the scan.

102320102.jpg

I should here from my dad this afternoon. But I will let you guys know that are interested as soon as I find out.

Take care,
Dewayne

My dad is somewhat interested in it. If he doesn't get it rest assured someone on here will have dibs. I will know tomorrow. There have been some okay pulls most notably the following:

1) John Lennon (1/1)
2) Brigham Young (1/1)
3) W.C. Fields (#/2)
4) Walt Chamberlain
5) Two Payton's on eBay now....

I have been following the UD post on Facebook for some time now. Most everyone have been posting their cuts as well. I have seen one buddy Ebsen, three Lucille Balls (#/2), a couple Sammy Davis, Jr (#/91), Charlton Heston 16/17), Bettie Page (2/2) and a few others that are decent. Most have been on the low-end side but what can you do?

Thanks,
Dewayne

Is that a typo or did you really see three Lucille Ball cuts /2?