Hand cut cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlschles

Prospect
So here's a question that came to mind - clearly I have too much free time at work today ...

I have a couple of '63 Post cards that have lost their freshness. Since they are hand cut to begin with, would it be considered "trimming" if I recut them to sharpen their edges? They will certainly look better, they will still be entire, but they won't be the same as the day they were cut off the box. Perhaps that's just between me and my God...

Thoughts?

Well, yes, at some deep fundamental level, I suppose that's true of everything. When I was a kid, I occasionally cut apart those double rookie cards. Bad choice.

The question is whether recutting a hand-cut cereal box card counts as "trimming," given that I probably did the original cutting out when I was 5 - or my mom did.

It would not be considered trimming for two reasons. The cards were designed to be cut from cereal boxes unlike cards you would get from a pack and have defined dimensions. Secondly how would anyone know when the cutting occured on the cards? Were they cut that way in 1963 or 2021 or somewhere in between? Bottom line is that does not matter. The only thing that matters is the quality of the cut no matter when it happened. So in no way would cutting those cards be considered "trimming".