hard to scan cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Any of you guys have any suggestions for hard to scan cards? I've tried everything to get a good scan of this card:

1998 Score Star Salute #11 Brett Favre ($20 BV)

1998ScoreFavreStarSalute.jpg

The card is really nice looking in person, but not so good in the scan...found it in a box of old stuff and decided to scan it for the PC...but I've tried a few different settings and can't get a good scan?

Here is a brighter pic

1998ScoreFavreStarSalute.jpg

If that doesn't work.. Try tilting the card just a tad with a small piece of clear plastic or the very tip of a top loader.. with the tilt it will let the light hit the effects on the card

If that doesn't work.. Try tilting the card just a tad with a small piece of clear plastic or the very tip of a top loader.. with the tilt it will let the light hit the effects on the card

I haven't tried that yet but it sounds like a great idea ! My suggestion was going to be to use a camera because you can adjust the angle of the pic. And if you scan the card in a top load you could use whatever you wanted to prop it up as you'd have some extra room on the top and could just crop it off.

When I scan Chrome style cards, I use a sheet of the film that goes into my computer monitor's glare screen. It's almost like window tint but thicker and more transparent.

Last edited:
When I scan Chrome style cards, I use a sheet of the file that goes into my computer monitor's glare screen. It's almost like window tint but thicker and more transparent.

I don't understand that at all. What are you talking about a sheet? a file?

Try cleaning the scanner, removing the card from the case, and then lightening the pic in a photo editing program. And if not, then you could always go to Kinko's and use their heavy duty scanners. But, those are pretty expensive if you only need 1 card scanned. Good luck!