Has anyone ever done this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lefty32

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Today I got a TTM that I thought I sent to Bob Cerv.When I opened it I saw a IC signed by Dave Cash.He also answered my questions on my letter that started Dear Mr.Cerv.Although I planned to send to him,and he responded in 7 days,I feel like a dope.Has this ever happened to anyone?

Yeah, I've done this before a couple of times. Both men were very nice about it and signed a card of their own. I later sent them another letter about my mistake and thanking them for sending an auto.

I had a couple mishaps.

Once I sent out two requests on the same day but mixed up the cards. It was a couple hockey guys, Wayne Van Dorp and Len Esau. They were both nice about it.. Esau sent me back a note saying "you sent me Van Dorp cards by mistake, if you send me the right ones I'll gladly sign"... Van Dorp said pretty much the same thing... I sent them back the correct cards and apologized and they both signed and everything turned out ok.

another time I sent to Stan Weir (another hockey guy).... but on the envelope I addressed it to MIKE WEIR... I have no idea why! I musta had golf on the brain that day. He signed for me but included the original envelope in the return, circled the name "Mike Weir" and wrote beside it "I think you mean Stan". I felt like a goof! lol