Has anyone had much success here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I submitted about 150 cards back in September. To date I've sold a tad over $40.00 worth of cards which has enabled me to purchase about $3.50 worth of cards. Not a great turnover but I'm losing all hope. Has anyone had much success in selling here?

Thanks,

Jay

I have not tried but thought about............Are the fees and whatnot eating you alive? That's like less than 10% in cards you're getting back.............

I have not tried but thought about............Are the fees and whatnot eating you alive? That's like less than 10% in cards you're getting back.............

Not so much the fees - $0.25 per card + $0.01 monthly storage fee per card, but I wonder how much traffic they get. Most, if not all of the cards I have there are the lowest price for sale. That being said, I'm sure I just sent in a bunch of cards that few want.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

You have some pretty good ones, except for the Magic, just kidding...........Good luck with it, who knows, when they fix all the bugs you might do pretty well..........

You have some pretty good ones, except for the Magic, just kidding...........Good luck with it, who knows, when they fix all the bugs you might do pretty well..........

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The sports cards are cards that I felt that I could live without - not much of a hockey collector and the baseball were doubles.

However, the Magic cards I picked up at a yard sale years back for a $1.00 for a boxed set of 100. Never played and just now got around to sell them. Since I sold just two, I'm guessing that most Magic players don't go looking on to COMC too often. :)

Thanks for listening.

I need one of yours, but I might beat you down on it, but not too much............Same user name as here........I have a little time time next week as surgery is imperative..........

I need one of yours, but I might beat you down on it, but not too much............Same user name as here........I have a little time time next week as surgery is imperative..........

I'm sure we can work something out. I hope all goes well for your impending surgery.

Jay

If they are the lowest price on the site (most I checked were) just keep dropping the prices until they start selling more regularly. That is the only true way to move them aside from a port sale.

It's not all about being priced the lowest, someone has to want to buy the card. I've had a lot of success selling on there.

It's not all about being priced the lowest, someone has to want to buy the card. I've had a lot of success selling on there.

If someone wants a card, odds are they are buying the lowest priced copy on the site.

I've been buying and selling on there for years as well. The more common and/or lesser known players must be priced down to move. Otherwise, you're going to be staring at the same cards for a long time until/unless you port sale them off.

I agree that there are some cards that even priced as low as possible would end up sitting until you sold off your port.

If someone wants a card, odds are they are buying the lowest priced copy on the site.

I've been buying and selling on there for years as well. The more common and/or lesser known players must be priced down to move. Otherwise, you're going to be staring at the same cards for a long time until/unless you port sale them off.

I make about 7or 8 purchases every year....and I normally go for the lower price of the cards (if theres more than 2 listed)...Thanks for this thread...time to make purchase number two this year! Normally make a list of cards that I'm working on for inserts sets and checkout the listed prices. Best regards, David PS Purchases are from a low of $13.00 to as high as $80.00

To be honest, I don't NEARLY visit COMC anymore since it switched to it's own MSRP. Since taking beckett off, it appear there are so many more mistakes in player, and team and just not as good as it was to find things. I go on maybe once a year now to purchase things - that is when they offer the free shipping.

The switch over came because Beckett sued COMC. COMC had to dump all of the descriptions and information and start from scratch. To be honest, the sports stuff is almost back to normal. The only area that seems to be a mess still is the non-sports stuff.

To be honest, I don't NEARLY visit COMC anymore since it switched to it's own MSRP. Since taking beckett off, it appear there are so many more mistakes in player, and team and just not as good as it was to find things. I go on maybe once a year now to purchase things - that is when they offer the free shipping.

I swear we are working on it :). Baby steps all lol. Coming up with a catalog from scratch is tough painful work :)