Hitting Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
When I started actively participating on The Bench, a member held a "hitting streak" contest. I don't remember who ran it or all the rules, but I do remember that it was kind of a neat contest. So I am going to try and re-create it as best I can. If anyone remembers participating and can enlighten me as to additional rules, et. al., please chime in.

The basics were that each day you pick a different player (no repeats of your picks) - if that player got a hit that day you continued to the next day, if he didn't get a hit, you were eliminated. The person with the longest 'hit streak' won. Your pick must be in by the time the first pitch is thrown for the first game of the day. I believe he held a voluntary side bet that stated he would participate and if he lasted longer than you, you hit his wantlist and vice versa. Since I am kind of throwing this together last second, no side bets this time, maybe next month.

Please keep all your picks in a single post and edit on a daily basis, honor system applies. If you miss a days pick or pick after the first pitch, that equals a missed pick.

**Hit streak must be a minimum of 5 games to be a winner**

If you have questions or input, post here. Other than that, have fun, good luck and the season starts tomorrow night with the Marlins/Cardinals.

My pick:
Day #1 - Jose Reyes
Day #2 - Matt Kemp, LA Dodgers
Day #3 - Albert Pujols, Anaheim Angels
Day #4 - Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado Rockies

Last edited:
day 1 : matt holiday - st louis cardinals

just as an fyi to the two who submitted picks just before me : there is only 1 game opening day and boston ain't in it :) (see original post for options)...

Last edited:
Nice contest!

Game 1: Lance Berkman - Cardinals
Game 2: Prince Fielder - Tigers
Game 3: Mike Napoli - Rangers

Last edited:
Andy - thanks!!

Game 1: Yadier Molina - St. Louis Cardinals (2/4)
Game 2: Shane Victorino - Philadelphia Phillies (0/3)

fatrat's done for the month - good luck to the rest of you guys!!!

Last edited:
game 1 - david freese, cardinals HIT

day 2 - starlin castro, cubs HIT

day 3 - mike moustakas, royals

day 4 - jose reyes, marlins

day 5 - prince fielder, tigers

thanx for the contest.

paul

Last edited:
Game 1 Lance Berkman
Game 2 Jose Bautista
Game 3 Michael Young Rangers