How to reorganized your collection...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbritton70

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I have been trying to stay organized and ever since I was a kid I collected and organized by teams.. I have about 6,000 common/inserts that I am trying to get rid of, and was wondering what you guys do to your collection. It seems to me like there are alot of set collectors out there, do you think it would be easier to go through and start small sets, or keep them by teams? Again I am mostly trying to get rid of my collection. Any input would help, thanks

I think everyone has their own system. As far as Base cards for sets go I Keep them In Numerical order of Sets. I then place them in 800 count boxes, and use the thick white cardboard fillers to seperate sets within one box, when it is nearly full I mark on the end of the 800 card box what sets are held within the box, Then I keep the boxes stacked up alphabetically by year. Took me a long time to get everything set up that way, but Now when I am looking for cards to fill someones set needs, it is very quick to see if I have anything for them.

All of my Inserts / #"ed/ GU /AU/ Parallels I keep in seperate boxes and type up a database for them.

That way with the database I can set filters to search out specific types of cards: If Someone is looking for Topps Inserts only I can open my Inserts Database, Set a filter to search for "sets containing Topps" and it will list everything I have in the Database that contains Topps in teh set name.

-Nick

I think everyone has their own system. As far as Base cards for sets go I Keep them In Numerical order of Sets. I then place them in 800 count boxes, and use the thick white cardboard fillers to seperate sets within one box, when it is nearly full I mark on the end of the 800 card box what sets are held within the box, Then I keep the boxes stacked up alphabetically by year. Took me a long time to get everything set up that way, but Now when I am looking for cards to fill someones set needs, it is very quick to see if I have anything for them.

All of my Inserts / #"ed/ GU /AU/ Parallels I keep in seperate boxes and type up a database for them.

That way with the database I can set filters to search out specific types of cards: If Someone is looking for Topps Inserts only I can open my Inserts Database, Set a filter to search for "sets containing Topps" and it will list everything I have in the Database that contains Topps in teh set name.

-Nick

I do the same thing.