I found this funny ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdhollenbergs

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Maybe you will to.

EX-HUSBANDS BASEBALL CARD COLLECTION LIQUIDATION SALE!!

Below I have extracted a few statements from the Ebay Auction.

"MY EX USED TO SPEND ALL OF OUR MONEY ON THIS COLLECTION, AND NOW THAT HE IS GONE, THE CARDS WILL FOLLOW!!"

Leads you to believe this is a disgruntled separated/divorced woman.

"From time to time we get earlier products, and when we do we hand them out!"

Wait, I think there is a contradiction there. :confused:
Bruce

The back story probably isn't even true. I knew right off it was a 'grab bag' style auction and this is to instill some sense that the woman does not share an interest or knowledge of the items, thus potentially valuable items get passed through.

There is an old joke that a woman sells a Jaguar automobile for $50 to a guy who thought it had to be a newspaper misprint that should have read $5000, assured that it was indeed the price the guy questions the motivation, to which the woman replies that the cheating husband has left her and all he wants is for her to forward the proceeds from the sale of his car!

went to buy a collection off of a guy on craiglist .he explained to me by correct marketing of the cards he was trying to sell which were way overpriced i could double my money. HIS TECHNIQUE YOU ASK? HE WAS A RECENTLY DIVORCED WOMAN TRYING TO SELL HER HUSBANDS COLLECTION.one of the few people i actually laughed in their faces when looking to buy a collection.

Last edited:
Maybe you will to.

"MY EX USED TO SPEND ALL OF OUR MONEY ON THIS COLLECTION, AND NOW THAT HE IS GONE, THE CARDS WILL FOLLOW!!"

Bruce

That seller, or at least that line, is something I have seen on ebay for many years:)

"From time to time, we get earlier products in" What?? More ex-husbands stuff keeps coming in??

$6.99 x 9,507 sold = some BIG time cash for a bunch of junk! Think about the $$ they have made off this crap..unreal!

The back story probably isn't even true. I knew right off it was a 'grab bag' style auction and this is to instill some sense that the woman does not share an interest or knowledge of the items, thus potentially valuable items get passed through.

There is an old joke that a woman sells a Jaguar automobile for $50 to a guy who thought it had to be a newspaper misprint that should have read $5000, assured that it was indeed the price the guy questions the motivation, to which the woman replies that the cheating husband has left her and all he wants is for her to forward the proceeds from the sale of his car!

I've heard that before, but a real life situation... Maybe it was a joke too, not sure. But I'm sure things like the joke have happened in real life.

Look at their closed auctions, looks like they've been running this exact auction (style) for years..and the version I heard was a Porsche for $100.

If they're HIS cards, why would SHE have them?

Never been in a divorce but nasty things happen. I've heard stories of a person insisting they get control/own something in a divorce that they don't even want, they only want to hurt the other person. Heard that happens with pets, hobbies and even kids.

Maybe you will to.

Bruce

Well either she has a really big collection to get rid of or she keeps hooking up with card dealers! (I've seen this every few months for the past several years!