I love my mailbox and IP's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatesgoats

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Well the past week the mailbox has been kind to me. I also got a couple of IP 's this week. The first IP is from Phil Regan who is the Pitching coach for the St.ucie Mets. He was kind enough to put "the Vulture" on the card for me. The other IP was Whitey Ford, who a relative of mine just moved into his building and knows him. He was much smaller than I expected. He signed a card and a ball for me and quipped "came prepared , huh"? All in all very sweet guy. My son acquired Arnold Palmer for me as he was playing in an event where Arnie was at in Orlando. I did the Index card copy because all I had was the card from the set and my son well lets just say if it left with him it had a low percentage of coming back.Very happy to get Torborg as that one was oput for a year. Jim Wynn came back in a week, As did Bouton, Kranepool and Lonborg. I guess I sent twice or shoul I say thrice to Fernando
and this one showed up today. Then we get to Mr Walker. I had written these off as I had seen success' and I sent to him on 3 different occaisin's.
Well the envelope I had sent I used our postage machine and it had a date from sept 2010. In any case they all came back in one envelope and I looked in my notes and sent on 3 different dates ! I got this Yogi on Saturday and again figured it was a goner. This is my 2nd and I am thrilled.
arnold%20001.jpg

vulture%20001.jpg

whitey%20001.jpg

yogi2%20001.jpg

hw%20001.jpg

Very nice pick ups! Especially the Berra and Fords

I am working on the 90 Pro Set football set. Would one of the Walkers be for trade? I could send my football trade list if you would like.

Thanks

great stuff, I am waiting on ONE of my Berra's to return home....guess I missed that train....4 times!! congrats to you!!

If you get your hands on this week's SI ... there's a good "Where Are They Now" mini-article on Berra.

I like your pick-ups! I need to send a TTM request to Bouton. I have his book in tatters that I'm thoroughly enjoying again this summer!

Mort...Ball four is a classic !

Mr Mopar I agree compltely on the 67's I have about 65 of them so far.

Rangerfan I hope you get it back too...One I only have one card I make an index card copy, see top photo.... I am grateful I got back from Yogi...