I used to think $4.00 was a high shipping cost.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That's very funny!
I recently went down to a LCS. They're selling at 30% HiBV. They negotiate. I get to see what I'm buying. I have no shipping costs at all - but there's sales tax, which could end up being the same. I don't have to wait for 3 months or 6 months for delivery. I don't have to get pissed off when the cards show up with dings or creases the trader didn't announce. Of course, it depends what they've got in store. But I'm beginning to feel like it may be the most satisfying method.

If we had a decent LCS in our area, would most definitely spend a bunch of time/money there.

In regards to shipping costs -- anything that can go in a PWE, I charge $1.00 for. That covers the $0.75 postage, the penny sleeve, the hard sleeve, the envelope and the gas to get to the PO. Anything bubble mailer, I charge $4.50 for, which covers all the same things.

I bought a few cards from Burbank I needed to complete a set. It's kind of a warehouse. Not warm and fuzzy. But effective.

I found a LCS in Woodland Hills, used to be run by a fellow named Max. He passed it on to a guy who had been a kid shopping there for years. They also do a lot of autographs and framing of jerseys and such.
I've heard things such as this about Burbank Sports Cards. Heard some negative reviews online also. I honestly have no complaints against them. They have always gotten my order right.

I am familiar with Woodland Hills and been there a couple of times. I couldn't point out the LCS you are referring to as the last time I was in Ca was back in the 80's. Sounds like they have a good thing going though!