If you've ran tables at card shows...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I'm looking into setting up at a show. Having never sold (only bought) at shows, I'm curious about any issues, experiences, ideas, etc. Is there usually just a flat fee per table? How far do I need to reserve in advance? What usually moves the best (singles, lots, etc).

I have my theories on everything from having attended multiple shows, but I'm really curious on everyone's feedback whom is a veteran 'shower'

Cory

Cory -
Shows are hard to predict. I've had some I couldn't sell anything because only the newest (had biggest hits) product was selling. I've had some where I've sold $100 in commons from 50's to the 70's. Usually there is a flat fee per table, with discounts for multiple tables. Reserve as far in advance as possible, and try to pay in advance as well. If you are one the first to confrim and pay, you can request a table closer to the door or a better spot.

The newest (if not too expensive) unopened material is usually very easy to move. (1991 Stadium Club I made a TON of money, if only all shows could be like that one).

That's my .02.

Robert - luckily I'm primarily geared towards the modern era stuff, my vintage is limited.

Nick - I guess I need to catch up on everyone's articles:) I should have seen that earlier.

I agree shows are all but impossible to predict, except to say if you leave anything at home, someone will ask you if you have it. Stock up on players hot in your market, high grade vintage and decent boxes/packs always seem to have a market. Singles are a buyers market, be prepared to compete with ebay pricing or hear about how you aren't. I do like the dollar/quarter type box suggestion, people love to treasure hunt in those. Lots are something I don't see much call for at shows, singles are the safer bet there, sets can be very hit or miss. Modern sets don't seem to have a big market unless they include the SP's. The 1-100 base sets are generally not hot items.