I'm in a foul mood, thanks to 2 ebay sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

There is no excuse for sellers like TNT and others, who sell TONS of items. If they want to make the money off those sales and gain repeat business, they need to provide a positive experience for the buyer.

I have won lots from him before and have always received them except one time. It was three low numbered Garvey from one of those National stamp sets. Got a refund and he ended up relisting them later. Not sure if he just lost them temporarily or what. I ended up losing one I had previously won!

My complaint with him was stuffing cards into larger sized toploaders w/o sleeves and then taping the top with his tamperproof sticker. The cards tend to bang around in the loader or scratch if tight enough!

We need to petition Ebay to create a way for buyers to block themselves from sellers. Basically, you'd get a warning after placing a bid so you could back out. I seem to find these jokers all the time and there's nothing keeping me from making the same mistake weeks, months, years down the road.

Additionally, we could protect each other from these sellers simply by posting their IDs. I know each time I see a story like this, I'm ready to block myself from these sellers!

It's ridiculous.

The first guy (Gwynn cards) is flat out wrong. He should have used a bubble mailer.

The second guy: I would leave positive feedback, but when you're asked to give a rating for various categories, I would give him the worst grade for delivery time.

We need to petition Ebay to create a way for buyers to block themselves from sellers. Basically, you'd get a warning after placing a bid so you could back out. I seem to find these jokers all the time and there's nothing keeping me from making the same mistake weeks, months, years down the road.

Additionally, we could protect each other from these sellers simply by posting their IDs. I know each time I see a story like this, I'm ready to block myself from these sellers!

It's ridiculous.

The other thing that I would do is block myself from the heavy smokers if I could. My apologies if it offends some of you but I don't enjoy "airing out the cards" for a week in the garage while the stink leaves them. I have a Topps Gold set that is half white cardboard and half smoke stained yellow (no longer smells). I don't like it!

I am a little worried now . I bought from TNT last fri. just 2 cards for my heroes project but today makes a full week and nothing so far . Brian

I think you cut sellers slack around the holidays...though sellers who don't communicate should be avoided. If a seller is selling on ebay around the holidays and are going to be away that should be stated clearly in a listing...then the buyer/bidder at least will know the deal.

To me this depends on if the seller is a prfessional or not. If your business is to sell cards. Then you have an obigation to your customers, unless you tell them you will be closed on such and such dates and the cards will be shipped when you re-open.