I'm sure some of you do this too...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
at least I hope so, that way I won't feel so bad:)

Was watching a card on Ebay and forgot about it so naturally it sold for $.99. This is a card #/40 so that was a steal. I figured that happens and there is another one tonight so I'll just snag that. April had to run to the store for a missing ingredient and right when she got home I realized I had just missed the auction again by about 3 minutes!

You guessed it, this one #/40 sold for $.99 as well!:eek:

Yeah, but if you bid on it it probably would have sold for $5+. Atleast that is what always happens to me.

Meliah

Dan's right, .99 was their minimum not max bid, happens to me all the time but really makes me mad is when nobody bids and wins it. Better luck next time or consider sniper help although not sure how that works, always just do that myself, will not place a bid before <10 seconds left. Craig

at least I hope so, that way I won't feel so bad:)

Was watching a card on Ebay and forgot about it so naturally it sold for $.99. This is a card #/40 so that was a steal. I figured that happens and there is another one tonight so I'll just snag that. April had to run to the store for a missing ingredient and right when she got home I realized I had just missed the auction again by about 3 minutes!

You guessed it, this one #/40 sold for $.99 as well!:eek:
Hey Matt
Well well well. Thats one you can not blame me for:D :D :D :D
By the way did you ever get that pin if not I will find something else for you to replace it
Later
Tom

Too many times, Matt.

I know there are some free snipe sites. However, I use Auctionsniper and it's $0.25 per snipe up to $25 final value. After $25, it works out to 1% of the final value. You prepay $5 and can add more money ($5 minimum) as you need it.

Think of it this way...By "wasting" $0.25 for any IMPORTANT (and even some not as important) auction, you guarantee you'll never miss another one again. I average $5 every 1-2 months on this service. I win auctions while I sleep, while I work and while I play!

However, ANOTHER reason to consider a sniping service. I was there ready to bid, but the computer loaded slow and I missed the auction because my bid would not load! NOW THAT PISSED ME OFF!

I don't rely on a manual bid anymore for anything I really, really want.

i do this all of the time with my Bradshaw stuff...dont feel bad, you are not alone! A couple of them are the x/5 ones that I need and I missed a couple of 1/1's as well by forgetting about them...i work 12 hr shifts all of the time so its easy to forget stuff...then there are times that I remember and go check and missed it by like 7 min or so...that burns me up when it happens!

It's bothers me(a little)when it happens.
Most of the items I bid on are not(very)
rare,so they'll(another)will turn up sooner
or later.
Ken
PhiladelphiaPhillies58691.gif

I don't buy that often these days so a sniper did not cross my mind. Normally I'm pretty good about remembering when something is going to end. Just can't believe I missed the same card twice in two days:)

That just happened to me - missed/forgot about a #/25 card listed at .99...only difference is it didn't sell, so I emailed the seller twice only to find out he already sold it offline to another collector! UGH!!!

Snipe programs are good when you don't have time. That said, ebay started to do a "strength of password" the last 6 months or so and I no longer can use snipe programs cause ebay deems my password "not strong enough" and I refuse to change it since it's the only way I can remember it! :D

I once saw a group of 1964 Auravision Records on eBay that I wanted. There was a Koufax, Mantle, and a few other big names in the lot. The auction was ending on a holiday so I figured I could score a bargain. I was outbid that day, and made a "note to self" to bid later, close to the auction close. I went to my parents' place, and clicked on the auction...then realized the time on the computer was slow! I missed that auction by less than 2 minutes.

But what I think would have happened...exactly as Dan5 said...we'd have gotten into a bidding war and the price would have ended up more than I wanted to pay (at least it probably wouldn't have been a bargain anymore).

Think of it this way...By "wasting" $0.25 for any IMPORTANT (and even some not as important) auction, you guarantee you'll never miss another one again. I average $5 every 1-2 months on this service. I win auctions while I sleep, while I work and while I play!

However, ANOTHER reason to consider a sniping service. I was there ready to bid, but the computer loaded slow and I missed the auction because my bid would not load! NOW THAT PISSED ME OFF!

Those are all good reasons, but the reason I use a sniper is so that nobody can place a last second bid and bump my winning bid up or beat me. There are so many shady shill bidders nowadays! Plus lots of people will bid on an item and if they get the lead, they just chill and watch the item to see if they get outbid. I like to bid with 5 seconds left so they don't have time to bid again. Muahahahaaaaa. The sniper will really pay for itself, especially if you use gixen.com! ;)

DadofAndrew, thank you for recommending that free site!

I blew it big time!! I placed a small bid on a 2008 Upperdeck Heores emerald Ken Griffey Jr. auto/jersey serial #5!!!....forgot to place the high bid on the final day.....it when for $189.00....my high bid was $300.00!! Now that card sits on a rival Personal Collection on the Freedom website:mad: Best regards, David

Last edited: