IP Successes (LONG READ)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deltacards

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Had to take a trip to memphis with my girlfriend and we decided
to stay and go to the memphis redbirds vs oklahoma city redhawks double header ( :D gotta love two games for the price one!) think i did pretty well

Memphis redbirds:
-Mike MacDougal 1 card, 1 ball (ss with " '03 All Star" inscription) he was an american league all star in 2003 with the kansas city royals

-Joe Mather 4 cards

-Oneli Perez 1 card

-Kevin Howard 1 card

-Allen Craig 2 cards

-Renyel Pinto 1 card

-Ruben Gotay 1 card

-Donavon Solano 2 cards

-Rocky the Redbird 1 card (mascot team set card)

Oklahoma City Redhawks:
-Max Ramirez 1 card (came over and signed the one card for my girlfriend and the guy standing next to us asked him to sign a card and ramirez said "Im not signing today" and walked off :) )

-Brandon Boggs 1 card

-Ryan Garko 6 cards

-Jarrd Saltalamacchia 1 card

Memphis Redsox (former ***** leagu team from the '50's)
- Lonnie Harris 2 cards, 1 program, 1 ball with '53 ROY inscription

Harris was one of the nicest guys i've ever met and this was one of the coolest ip successes i've ever had... Sat and talked to him for like three innings and it was very cool listening to him tell stories of playing with Satchel Paige and playing in barnstorming games with hank aaron and willie mays... Got him to sign my ball and program and he left and came back to the game and brought back pictures of him and satchel paige and he brought back 2 baseball cards of him, 1 personalized to me and 1 personalized to my girlfriend.... He told me he was never able to break into the big legues despite being an all star several times, and after his playing days with the memphis redsox ended he went to memphis state university and earned 3 bachelors degrees and 2 masters degrees and then taught school for 30 years.... When the game was over he told me that he comes to alot of games and if i ever see him again not to be a stranger and to come say hey!

Sorry for the long read!!!
Nate

Congrats on the pickups and the great story to tell!! AutoZone park is a great place to catch a game and the BBQ Nachos can't be beat!!!

Interesting anecdote about Paige and Lonnie Harris.
http://books.google.com/books?id=GP...CC8Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=lonnie harris &f=false

Congrats
Nice pick ups
Job well done
Thanks for sharing the story about Harris. It is really great when the former players will sit and talk forever about the old days. Thanks again for sharing the story.
Chief